Weekly scalping EA Request.

A guy named tkimble on forexfactory introduced a weekly scalping system which is incredibly profitable for me, (~100 pips/week for each currency=700pips/week). His post is quoted below.

OK. I have decided to start a new thread and preview a weekly system that I use which has proven to be more profitable than the trending system. There are many similar systems at this website but I strive for simplicity. The system is again very simple.

Create a weekly chart. Place trades 50 PIPS above or below the close for the previous week. Use a fixed 30 PIP stop. No profit targets. Let the trade run for the entire week and close during the final 30 minutes of the market for the week. The great feature of this system is that more often than not the weekly trend will establish itself and stay in tact from the Monday or Tuesday of the trading session for that week.

GBP/USD Example:

Previous weekly close: 1.9597

Buy: 1.9647

Sell: 1.9547

The following rule is a bit different than most trading systems of this style:

If the "Buy" is executed, move the sell up to the previous weeks close (1.9597 in this case)

If the "Sell" is executed, move the buy down to the previous weeks close (in this case likewise 1.9597)

These two rules permit a more robust and agressive entry after losing trades.

Recommend volatile markets (USD/CHF, GPB/USD, etc.)

Here is the current trade that I am in using the GPB/USD:

Short 1.9597 after a 30 PIP loss on the "Buy" trade.

Use fixed 30 PIP stops.

This system averages approximately 150 pips per week in the GBP/USD market without any intervention. I am a big believer that most people over trade the market. This system will minimize your trades by its very nature.

Happy Trading.

Tkimble

Here is a summary of the trading rules, along with some of my modifications.

Global Rules:

Size lots so that for every pip movement, account value moves +/- 1% so that a 100 pip profit DOUBLES THE ACCOUNT.

Set a fixed stoploss for ALL accounts at 30 pips. NOT TRAILING

After a trade is opened and 50 pips in the money, move the stop loss for that side to the break even point.

Trading Rules:

At the start of the week (as early as possible), open the following orders.

Buy Stop: At previous close + 50pips. If the current price is above this entry because of a 50+ pip gap up, open a buy stop at current price + 50pips. Take Profit of 100 Pips.

(This is to guarantee that the account value will at least double as a result of this trade.)

Buy Stop: At previous close + 50pips. If the current price is above this entry because of a 50+ pip gap up, open a buy stop at current price + 50pips. Take profit 30 minutes before the close at the end of the week.

(This is to guarantee that any greater-than-100pip movements are captured and taken as profit.)

Sell Stop: At previous close - 50pips. If the current price is below this entry, because of a 50+ pip gap down, open a sell stop at current price - 50pips.

Take Profit is 100 pips.

(This is to guarantee that the account value will at least double as a result of this trade.)

Sell Stop: At previous close - 50pips. If the current price is below this entry, because of a 50+ pip gap down, open a sell stop at current price - 50pips.

Take profit 30 minutes before the close at the end of the week.

(This is to guarantee that any greater-than-100pip movements are captured and taken as profit.)

Account Type:

This strategy will work with any account that offers at LEAST 200:1 leverage. Any less and your return will decrease. I'm personally using NorthFinance's 500:1 leverage account. Very helpful.

tkimble's stuff is great. What currency pairs are you using. I have been demoing G/Y, U/CAD, U/CHF, E/Y, G/U

I use:

GBP/USD

USD/JPY

CHF/USD

EUR/USD

GBP/JPY

Basically average weekly range of 150 or more, with low spread, high volume/liquidity.

risk

Why are you risking 30% per trade?

So you're making 700% a month???

fx_geezer:
So you're making 700% a month???

Lets see:

4 Weeks,

Week 1 = 100

Week 2 = 200

Week 3 = 400

Week 4 = 800

So yes, I do make 700% profit per month on average, ASSUMING, that I double the account every time. tkimble says that with GBP/USD alone, you'll average about 150 pips, and this past week, I captured a little less than 300 pips in profit. So yes, 700 is a little conservative.

Toccata:
Why are you risking 30% per trade?

Are you familiar with something called risk-reward ratio? Allow me to explain.

Risk-reward ratio is $30 to $100. Assuming of course that I did my math correctly.

That means that I risk $30 with a high probability of making $100. Good return on my investment in my book.

I would need four straight losing trades in order for my account to be wiped out assuming that I don't use my dynamic lot sizing. You need a minimum 25% success rate for this system to be profitable and this system doesn't even come close to that.

My risk is substantially high, I understand your point, however the reward is much higher and justifies the risk.

Hi, I once developed an EA based on based on SIBKIS's weekly breakout system. It is similar to the system you mentioned. the difference is that the trade starts from Tuesday with a stoploss of 100. You just need to change the value inside the EA to fit your method.

Hope it helps.

Arui

Files:

hi

Ronald Raygun:
A guy named tkimble on forexfactory introduced a weekly scalping system which is incredibly profitable for me, (~100 pips/week for each currency=700pips/week). His post is quoted below.

Here is a summary of the trading rules, along with some of my modifications.

Global Rules:

Size lots so that for every pip movement, account value moves +/- 1% so that a 100 pip profit DOUBLES THE ACCOUNT.

Set a fixed stoploss for ALL accounts at 30 pips. NOT TRAILING

After a trade is opened and 50 pips in the money, move the stop loss for that side to the break even point.

Trading Rules:

At the start of the week (as early as possible), open the following orders.

Buy Stop: At previous close + 50pips. If the current price is above this entry because of a 50+ pip gap up, open a buy stop at current price + 50pips. Take Profit of 100 Pips.

Buy Stop: At previous close + 50pips. If the current price is above this entry because of a 50+ pip gap up, open a buy stop at current price + 50pips. Take profit 30 minutes before the close at the end of the week.

Take Profit is 100 pips.

Take profit 30 minutes before the close at the end of the week.

Account Type:

This strategy will work with any account that offers at LEAST 200:1 leverage. Any less and your return will decrease. I'm personally using NorthFinance's 500:1 leverage account. Very helpful.

good system I'll try it ...how about performance each month .?

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

I've been at it for about 2 months now, and I grew an ordinary $100 account into $12,000. Keep in mind however that this is on a demo account and slippage wasn't an issue for me. I am only 17 and have no personal experience with a live account yet.

And thank you arui for pointing me toward your system I'll take a look at it. Is there an associated thread?

hi

Ronald Raygun:
I've been at it for about 2 months now, and I grew an ordinary $100 account into $12,000. Keep in mind however that this is on a demo account and slippage wasn't an issue for me. I am only 17 and have no personal experience with a live account yet. And thank you arui for pointing me toward your system I'll take a look at it. Is there an associated thread?

you can be a good trader someday ...just go live with $100 above and blow up your account ....it's good system

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Reason: