WAV alerts

Is it possible to replace the beep sound in the indicators alerts with .wav alerts?

Anyone know of voice library for buy/sell/exit etc.

Thanks

Here is a website for Bell labs text to speech demo. Just type in what you want to hear and select the voice (Audrey the english lady sounds the most "real" to me).

AT&T Labs Text-to-Speech: Demo

Then you just save it into the mt4 folder that holds the sounds. Then go through the indicator code and when you see "beep.wav" replace it with whatever you named your sound file.

A while back I took it one step further with a macd indicator and made wav files for every pair so that I would know exactly which chart to go to.

Enjoy!

hi

traderjai_inhi:
Here is a website for Bell labs text to speech demo. Just type in what you want to hear and select the voice (Audrey the english lady sounds the most "real" to me).

Then you just save it into the mt4 folder that holds the sounds. Then go through the indicator code and when you see "beep.wav" replace it with whatever you named your sound file.

A while back I took it one step further with a macd indicator and made wav files for every pair so that I would know exactly which chart to go to.

Enjoy!

Thanks it's useful

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

very usefull, thx

is very usefull for generating sounds with sound describing the market conditions just met

thx a lot

I like to make Audrey call me Master, its pretty sweet!

Someone asked about this thread so I found now only.

There is a spin-off product found here:

Text to speech software with Natural Voices-- Free NaturalReader

One of the few pieces of s/w I have bought and felt was worth the money. Though the s/w itself is kinda 'flaky', it's great for converting complete ebooks to mp3 files - in fact, it was the only product I could find that does this 'properly' (all the shareware rubbish just doesn't come close). All imo of course...

Disconnect.Wav Alert

Guys and Dolls. Salutations and Greetings.

I wanted to share with you this knowledge, i don't know whether this problem has been resolved or not.

Well... here goes.

Sometimes, we, in the midst of trading-lounging didn't realize that

the Internet line has been disconnected.

The MetaTrader 4, disconnect.wav is so undistinctive.

After googling for an indicator for this function for about 30 minutes with no avail. It dawn on me that the solution could be this:

1] to record a .wav file sound using

AT&T Labs,Inc. Research - Text-To-Speech (TTS) -- Our Demo Speaks Your Text

* this i found here on this blessed forum.

TO: traderjai_inhi [ Credit Is Duly Noted ] and to zas,

for initiating the thread. try searching sound library.

2] and then name it "Z" and save it into the MT4 sound folder.

3] delete the default MT4 disconnect.wav

4] rename the "Z".wav to ---> disconnect.wav

5] and you're set. oh yes. the AT&T voice is just not that "highly pitched", so be aware should you use the pc to run movies or songs while trading.

Pip! Pip! Pip! Oy! Oy! Oy!

New idea: Creating Custom Voice Scripts for Alerts

Hello folks, I wanted to share a compilation of words and phrases that can be potentially used to make our "alerts" a bit more usefull than the "ding" we normally here.

Could some programmers find a way to be able to code in voice phrasing by linking words and phrases into alerts to make alerts that give us specific information?

I like to trade a single strategy, but like to run it on multiple curency pairs and multiple time frames on those currency pairs. The idea would be to then let your pc run and speak to you when a trading opportunity is at hand.

I created a a dialog that could be used to create many different combinations. Example, you could get a buy alert on the M1 GBP-JPY chart, rather than a "ding" you could here "M1 Buy Alert, Potential Trend Reversal, Pound Yen" or "M30 Analyze Buy, Approaching major Support" based on the programming of the indicator.

We could even do voicovers for TP or SL. Example M5 Pound Dollar Take Profit Executed, level one" or H1 Euro Dollar Stoploss hit, you are such a loser"

Just thinking of a way to make trading more informative so we can spend less time watching the screens. Trying to work smarter, not harder.

I cannot upload the .mp3 and .wav file zips. Is there a size restriction? The mp3 voices zip is 2.3mb and the .wav voice zip is 9mb. I would really like to share these with the community.

Cheers

Shayne

It would be a bit hard to string phrases together since there's no audio commands in MT4. But you can certainly use custom audio files.

shayne1972:
Hello folks, I wanted to share a compilation of words and phrases that can be potentially used to make our "alerts" a bit more usefull than the "ding" we normally here.

Could some programmers find a way to be able to code in voice phrasing by linking words and phrases into alerts to make alerts that give us specific information?

I like to trade a single strategy, but like to run it on multiple curency pairs and multiple time frames on those currency pairs. The idea would be to then let your pc run and speak to you when a trading opportunity is at hand.

I created a a dialog that could be used to create many different combinations. Example, you could get a buy alert on the M1 GBP-JPY chart, rather than a "ding" you could here "M1 Buy Alert, Potential Trend Reversal, Pound Yen" or "M30 Analyze Buy, Approaching major Support" based on the programming of the indicator.

We could even do voicovers for TP or SL. Example M5 Pound Dollar Take Profit Executed, level one" or H1 Euro Dollar Stoploss hit, you are such a loser"

Just thinking of a way to make trading more informative so we can spend less time watching the screens. Trying to work smarter, not harder.

I cannot upload the .mp3 and .wav file zips. Is there a size restriction? The mp3 voices zip is 2.3mb and the .wav voice zip is 9mb. I would really like to share these with the community.

Cheers

Shayne

Try to split the zip files to less than 1 mb each.

Reason: