MTF WPR Bars

I tell you everything is back to front with the %R as far as the numbers being all negative, you really have to watch it when you are coding.

This indicator has some features that the other Bars indicators do not have.

#1 Adjustable TimeFrames - You can now set the TimeFrames for each column of bars to your own trading requirements

Under the inputs you will see this the "TF" symbol represents each column of Bars TF1 the far left to TF6 the right side Bar

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII="<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>";

TF1 = 1;

TF2 = 5;

TF3 = 15;

TF4 = 30;

TF5 = 60;

TF6 = 240;

#2 The Periods are now individually adjustable for each TimeFrame

Look under inputs & you will see

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII="<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>";

Common_WPR_Period = 50;

Allow_Separate_Settings = false;

Period_LabelColor = Silver;

TF1_Period = 14;

TF2_Period = 14;

TF3_Period = 50;

TF4_Period = 120;

TF5_Period = 120;

TF6_Period = 240;

If the Allow_Separate_Settings = true;Then each individual TimeFrame can be set to different Periods.

If left as false all the TimeFrames are set to the same Period

#3 As is the case in the other Bar indicators this WPR also has a Multi Number and can be set in many different ways on the same chart

WPRMulti_Num = 12345;

#4 A digit readout of each Timeframe can be turned ON/OFF & the EXTREME level can be altered this feature allows the Digits to change color when certain predefined levels are exceeded.

Now updated so that the UPPER & LOWER dotted lines & Labels also change

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII="<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>";

Show_Digits = true;

Digit_Number_UPcolor = OrangeRed;

Digit_Number_DNcolor = OrangeRed;

Digit_Number_ZEROcolor = Gray;

WPR_UpperEXTREME = -20;

WPR_LowerEXTREME = -80;

Let me know if anything needs to be altered as this is not an indicator i am very familiar with so i am sure things could be improved by the people who use The WPR on a regular basis.

wpr_bars_m.ex4

22/09/2007

Updated code for EXTREME levels.

24/09/2007

I have recoded the indicator & added 2 extra levels, the levels are now adjustable - look under inputs & you can see the adjustable settings like this.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII="<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>";

WPR_UpperEXTREME = -5;

WPR_UpperLEVEL = -15;

WPR_UpperMIDLEVEL = -30;

WPR_LowerMIDLEVEL = -70;

WPR_LowerLEVEL = -85;

WPR_LowerEXTREME = -95;

The above settings are the DEFAULT

See below screenshot for comparison with original WPR_Bars indicator & a few different set up options displayed. Between the 2 indicators you should be able to find 1 that suits your requirements

wpr_bars_m_v1.ex4

1/10/2007

Updated indicator to show direction of WPR line as to whether it is pointing up or down. See theScreenshot on Post #16

wpr_bars_m_v2.ex4

Files:

THANKS AGAIN! U

You're THE MAN

Thank you very much cja for your contribution to our community of forex traders, i'm really appreciate your efforts and wishing you a great success both in private life and business.

Hello CJA,

thanks for your infinite kindness.

Just one thing, but may be it's me, when i try to put the levels at -5; -95 according to simba strategy it didnot appear on the indi (seems that only some levels are predefined). I use it to anticipate reversals when in different tf the upper level is lit (or the lower one).

Flytox:
Hello CJA,

thanks for your infinite kindness.

Just one thing, but may be it's me, when i try to put the levels at -5; -95 according to simba strategy it didnot appear on the indi (seems that only some levels are predefined). I use it to anticipate reversals when in different tf the upper level is lit (or the lower one).

The Bars will change to Red for instance above -20 below -80 - the setting you changed affects the digit readout below the bars, the digits will now go red or the color of your choice when price exceeds -5 or -95 if required i could always code the actual levels to change or be adjustable as i have already done this for the CCi Bars due to people using many different extremes for that indicator.

I have altered the indicator so that now the Line and Label as well as the Digit levels all change when the EXTREME settings are altered.

Hi cja, your fast!

Thanks a lot for those wonderful indi's! you are really good guy!

will check the new one later on and i'll report...

many many thanks!

CCheers

cja:
The Bars will change to Red for instance above -20 below -80 - the setting you changed affects the digit readout below the bars, the digits will now go red or the color of your choice when price exceeds -5 or -95 if required i could always code the actual levels to change or be adjustable as i have already done this for the CCi Bars due to people using many different extremes for that indicator. I have altered the indicator so that now the Line and Label as well as the Digit levels all change when the EXTREME settings are altered.

YES! It works, one thousand Thanks CJA.

It seems that WPR lower extreme and Wpr upper extreme are inverted, or it's me. I mean it appears inverted on the chart.

Very nice work there cja. I'm looking to add colour to the price bars for an indicator I'm working on. I'm trying to learn MQL so as you'll understand the indicator is worth diddly-squat for trading but for me it's a start. I'll attach it to this post so if you could spare a moment, would you help me out here?

Files:

Hi cja,

could you please post that williams coloured bars indicator please?

EDIT: ok, I just saw the thread where you posted the indicator WPR candles. THANX!

EXTREME Levels

Flytox:
It seems that WPR lower extreme and Wpr upper extreme are inverted, or it's me. I mean it appears inverted on the chart.

You are right of course, I got caught out by the reversed aspect of the WPR indicator, i have updated the code & reposted it on the 1st post, Sorry for any inconvenience.

Just a thought - if many people use the -5/-95 setting i might have to add another 2 rows into the indicator because at the moment if you use the above EXTREME settings the indicator goes from -50 to -40 then jumps up to -5 perhaps we need a -30/-70 level???? or perhaps just move the existing -40/-60 levels to -70/-30 or is that not really an issue considering it is important to keep the indicator as small & as fast as possible and by not adding on extras just because we can - FEEDBACK please from WPR %R users.

I must remind people that this is very much a work in progress as i get feedback & ideas from experienced users of the WPR indicator and as such means that it may take a little time to establish the final indicator - any ideas & or suggestions are most welcome - This is how good things evolve & progress

Reason: