MTF WPR Bars - page 2

Hi cja, I think 10 bars to one row (tf) would be the best, but this is only my thought...or if you can do an option to add bars to the row that would be super cool, as for the extremes settings, you can do several things to deal with it,

1. the defalt extremes is -20/-80 and shows red color right?, now if you can do it like this, as soon as the indi go above or touch the -5 the red color will change to whatever color you set it.

2. use the defalt settings (-20/-80) and use the %R candle with -5/-95 settings, why?, this way you know as soon as you see the red color on the bar indi you know you have just penetrate the red zone (-20 or -80) and if the price go above to the -5 area the candle will show it you.

from my point of view i don't think it would be relevant to add a -30/-70 or -40/-60 levels. i use this indicator only to spot a possible re-entry on an already existing trend; and my entry decision is based on price action, not on a rebound from a particular w%r value.

in other words, what you did so far works perfect for me; however, i'm sure people use w%r in other ways... so let's hear other opinions.

cja:
You are right of course, I got caught out by the reversed aspect of the WPR indicator, i have updated the code & reposted it on the 1st post, Sorry for any inconvenience.

Just a thought - if many people use the -5/-95 setting i might have to add another 2 rows into the indicator because at the moment if you use the above EXTREME settings the indicator goes from -50 to -40 then jumps up to -5 perhaps we need a -30/-70 level???? or perhaps just move the existing -40/-60 levels to -70/-30 or is that not really an issue considering it is important to keep the indicator as small & as fast as possible and by not adding on extras just because we can - FEEDBACK please from WPR %R users.

Update

I have updated the WPR_Bars_M#_v1 it now has extra levels and they are adjustable to suit your trading style as there appears to be several distinct ways that people use the WPR %R Indicator, Between the 2 indicators WPR users should be able to find 1 that suits there use.

As before any ideas on improvements or alterations most welcome

I will be away for the next 3 days so I may not be able to respond to any questions over that time.

cja

Thanks cja, now it works great!

i will look into it abit more and see what can be improved! (i don't think there much to improve but lets see...:) )

Cheers!

WPR_Bars_M#_v2

Hi

I have updated the WPR_Bars indicator to show whether the WPR lines are pointing up or down, indicator posted on the 1st post of this thread.

Lime Arrow = Line UP

Red Arrow = Line DOWN

Gray Diamond = Line FLAT or NEUTRAL

Files:
wpr.gif  3 kb

Thank you for the update cja.

WPR alert indicators and some WPR templates and may be the systems: starting from this page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178947

cja, great work! Just thinking if you would add an input option for CurrenyPair so one could follow serveral WPRs of different pairs on one Chart.

Question...

When I click on the link in the 1st post to download this indicator, all I get is a bunch of "stuff" on the screen that really makes no sense. Anyone have an idea as to what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Right mouse click on this

WPR_Bars_M#_v2.ex4

on the first post

and select 'Save as'.

Reason: