Need Help

Hi!

Mt4 has made another update. From 4.00 build 208 to 4.00 build 210.

When I update it, a window pops up saying: "Installation procedure needs to update and restart your application". There is a tab "update and Restart".

When I click it, nothing happens and your MT4 with all you have inside can not be opened again.

What can I do?

Thank you!

Hi!

Don't you have problems with that update from 208 to 210?

nina:
Hi! Don't you have problems with that update from 208 to 210?

I have problems with every singe update they've ever released, everything works fine until the final stage then the platform locks.

I usually get around this by downloading the latest version, installing in a new folder, and then copying anything I need such as EA's or custom indicators into the new release.

As long as you have the username and password for the account its easy enough to re connect the new version to your old account data

Hi!

THX.

This 210 update is terrible.

nina:
Hi!

THX.

This 210 update is terrible.

Yep, I had the same problem when it asked to restart - just hung! But only on one of my setups.

Solution was just to terminate it and restart. Worked fine then.

Just noticed that Metaquotes have removed the 'Recalculate' (I think that's what it was called...) tab from the backtester in the 'new and improved update' (NOT!). No big deal I thought until I tried a little backtesting......

This POS now re-calculates EVERY time you do a backtest making a slow process, much much worse! What the fcuk is Metaquotes playing at!!!

omelette:
Just noticed that Metaquotes have removed the 'Recalculate' (I think that's what it was called...) tab from the backtester in the 'new and improved update' (NOT!). No big deal I thought until I tried a little backtesting...... This POS now re-calculates EVERY time you do a backtest making a slow process, much much worse! What the fcuk is Metaquotes playing at!!!

Hi!

MT4 is the best platform to let brokers fxxxx you.

nina:
Hi!

Mt4 has made another update. From 4.00 build 208 to 4.00 build 210.

When I update it, a window pops up saying: "Installation procedure needs to update and restart your application". There is a tab "update and Restart".

When I click it, nothing happens and your MT4 with all you have inside can not be opened again.

What can I do?

Thank you!

Hi Nina,

I'm experiencing the same strange issue, I think the best solution is to download latest build210 directly from metaquotes site then install in a different directory and copy the old settings from old installation into newer one.

Skyline

Reason: