Need Help To Edit This Great EA - page 4

"we have no money"...I changed lotsize to 0.1...instead of 10....hehe (it's only a 1k demo)

But now it must be too late...will need to wait untill next cycle..I guess..

This gets the trades on just before before the pre-London open (when all the Bankers start their day)..

Thanks grusso...(I can screw up most EA's...looking forward to your report)

ES

grusso:
Check in the "experts" or "journal" tab if there is an error related to the EA. BTW, did you attached the EA before or after 5am server time ?

ElectricSavant:
"we have no money"...I changed lotsize to 0.1...instead of 10....hehe (it's only a 1k demo)

But now it must be too late...will need to wait untill next cycle..I guess..

This gets the trades on just before before the pre-London open (when all the Bankers start their day)..

Thanks grusso...(I can screw up most EA's...looking forward to your report)

ES

Maybe you can change the settings for this only time to make it open at 6AM or 6.15AM, and see what happens ... G/U changed only -16 pips since 5AM, so the difference will be minimum ...

I made it!...15 seconds before... got the change in!

I have pending at 06:00 am servertime Sharp!! (I will change it back now...to 05:00 am so I do not forget)

Thanks grusso

ES

P.S. Initial SL works..they are 75 pips...

P.P.S. folks please excuse my cluttering of this thread...embarrassed

grusso:
Maybe you can change the settings for this only time to make it open at 6AM or 6.15AM, and see what happens ... G/U changed only -16 pips since 5AM, so the difference will be minimum ...

Tell me if I am thinking correctly...

If the price is touching the buy stop/ sell stop, it will starting to order buy/ sell. If it was floating -75 pips, it will be stop. If our floating profit is +45 pips (breakeven), the stoploss will automatically set to zero. If it was +150 pips, the trailing stop will be working, example, if the foating profit is +151, the SL will be +1, etc, until the price is touching the takeprofit +400 pips.

Sooo...

you can trade other pair if you simply compare the 14 or 24 period..ATR's or whatever period you prefer...just compare the difference and determine a multiplier and change the gap...the tp...the ts...the initial sl..the BE..

ES

other pair could be representitive of the 8 currencies that IBFX offers....in my case:

GBP/USD

EUR/CHF

AUD/CAD

NZD/JPY

P.S. I can understand why Zepp is so excited...His life just became easier with this EA...I am surprised he waited three years...

First trade opened :

Buy at 2.0245 SL : 2.0170 TP : 2.0645

grusso:
First trade opened : Buy at 2.0245 SL : 2.0170 TP : 2.0645

Hit SL, -75 pips for today.

What I think we have here is this:
  • We are looking for 400 pips in the GBP/USD with an initial risk of 75 pips
  • We enter when price moves 35 pips long or short in a 17hr window of time
  • TS= 150 pips but BE starts at 45 pips then it notches up a pip at a time as the price advances in our direction above 150 pips

What I do not get yet...can we have several orders open?...I guess I will find out eventually...it seems our thread author just pops in to transmit and not receive.

ES

P.S. If this works...then three other pair could be added if you measure their ATR and make some adjustments to the inputs...

It's a 17 hr. window of time...duh...

ElectricSavant:
What I think we have here is this:
  • We are looking for 400 pips in the GBP/USD with an initial risk of 75 pips
  • We enter when price moves 35 pips long or short in a 5hr window of time
  • TS= 150 pips but BE starts at 45 pips then it notches up a pip at a time as the price advances in our direction above 150 pips

What I do not get yet...can we have several orders open?...I guess I will find out eventually...it seems our thread author just pops in to transmit and not receive.

ES

I just did too...(not at the same time, cause I got in a little later than you...I am now back to the defaults and should be on the same page as everyone else)

grusso:
Hit SL, -75 pips for today.

It's been my experience, that when these statistical curve fitted methods work...they work great! but when they stop working...well they stop!

I hate it when the first trade fails..its a bad omen!

ES

P.S. Some say ranges are shrinking as the years pass...(look what happened to the S & P futures)

Reason: