Oscillator from MBA Thesis - page 2

attached here

needs more um work tho

well anyone looked at it yet ?

Has anyone actually taken the time to examine this formula?

It is adding MACD (typical value = 0.0020) to RSI (typical value 50.0) - as you can probably see, MACD influence is insignificant and can be disregard completely! If someone actually received a Masters based on this, then all I can wonder is what is the educational system coming to...

btw the 'actual' formula also includes raising the value to a power, which results in infinities everywhere, so I really think you are flogging a head horse here...

jjk2:
exactly...im having serious doubts now. but im using it with other stuff for confirmation and its not too bad.

can u share with us how are u using other stuff for confirmation? thanks

fisher transform suggestion

Hi,

Thanks for everyones input into this thread. I think there is potential with this indicator. I have tried it on 1 minute charts and when the histogram gets very low and then rises it does appear to offer some buying potential.

I have a suggestion to possibly improve this indicator by adding a fisher transform to it http://media.wiley.com/product_data/excerpt/78/04714630/0471463078.pdf.

Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks,

Trader

omelette:
Has anyone actually taken the time to examine this formula?

It is adding MACD (typical value = 0.0020) to RSI (typical value 50.0) - as you can probably see, MACD influence is insignificant and can be disregard completely! If someone actually received a Masters based on this, then all I can wonder is what is the educational system coming to...

btw the 'actual' formula also includes raising the value to a power, which results in infinities everywhere, so I really think you are flogging a head horse here...

This indicator was not made and tested in forex market. I think it was made for platform where there is no non-integer values. For instance value of cable would be 20770. Then MACD would have been significant.

But anyway, I don't see any mathematical point of adding MACD to RSI. It is like summing absolute and relative speed. Also I don't understand why the author sums an oscillator which moves around 0 and oscillator which moves around 50, I would deduct from RSI value 50.

I think something wrong with the formula, but the idea of mathematical filter is worth researching.

Wookey

Ppo

You may consider PPO instead of MACD. Percent Price occilator. It is a MACD but in percent terms. So it doesn't matter if it is forex, oil, etc. Do a search for it, it may help.

May I politely suggest this may be a joke. Arbitrarily adding some oscillators together is just going to give you...another oscillator.

hi jjk!

thanks for sharing this indicator.

it is very very promising indicator! by using it, i managed to catch hundreds of pips from gj yersterday.. and some hundreds pips for today. like what u said before, it should be used with other indicator for confirmation...

currently im playing it with trendline and looking for breakout... more like tops and bottoms for me .. so far so good! but it needs more fine tuning what works best with this indicator.

by the way.. please keep updating this thread if u have any good progress using it.

have a nice trade dude!

this is what i got for yerterday and today with the aid of this indicator. but im still thinking about the suitable stoploss thingy. trades taken mostly on m15. before taking trade at m15, i will draw trendlines on h1 to see where we are moving. and i think it is also quite good opening with multiple lots and trail it.

Files:
ohi.gif  18 kb
Reason: