Hma Ea - page 4

I figured that posting the .set data would be more helpful? I'm just getting to grips with EA's and optimisation.

Sadly:
I figured that posting the .set data would be more helpful? I'm just getting to grips with EA's and optimisation.

Yes, .set files are more good.

The gbpusd 60m.set I posted earlier is the only set I have been working on. this is because the information that we need in order to work on the best settings overall are absent from the optimisation function. If it can be seen (with igorad's TesterReport) that the EA is able to trade into profit then we need to know how far and how often this is the case. Moreover, we need to know how often it trades to n pips and also how often it trades against us and by what amount. We would then be able to use a stop loss of n pips and mange to capture most if not all of the profitable moves then we could formulate a strategy. Unless we have this information we can not make further progress.

I edited 1st post of this thread with the links to indicator, EA versions and the settings.

HMA indicator

Hello.

How can I set HMA_v2 indicator please

It look different from post#22 .

Thank in advance.

Files:
001.gif  23 kb

Ask Sadly, he tried it.

But as I see from post #22:

Now you can see profit value for Long and Short as a histogram. In the EA you should set VisualMode=2 and in the indicator Mode=1.

Yes you need to change the property settings to those shown above.

Hello. Sadly

Could you show me the property settings please.

Thank.

If you wish to receive stepped form of HMA you should change PctFilter.

Try to change it in a range 0...4 with step 0.1.

chawichsak:
Hello. Sadly

Thank.

chawichsak:
Hello. Sadly

Thank.

Right click the EA and attach to chart. The dialogue box that appears on screen has Common and Inputs tabs. Click the Inputs tab and scroll down. Here you'll see the VisualMode setting.

Reason: