SM system - page 3

moha00:
Appears a fractal depend on market.

sometime after arrow we can see fractal.(sometime not)

and when we see valid fractal ,we have stop order(we must wait 2 bar after fractal for it's go to valid fractal)

look this chart:

thanks

What constitutes a valid fractal? Are you basing it upon the trend direction?

Maybe you can point to me where I can read more about fractals on the web....

Thanks,

ET

I changed enter rule:

stop order 1+spread above(for short below) of fractal bar.

et_phonehome_2:
What constitutes a valid fractal? Are you basing it upon the trend direction?

Maybe you can point to me where I can read more about fractals on the web....

Thanks,

ET

look this link:

Chaos Fractals - CMS Forex

stop loss

stop loss for long is one+spread tick above of against fractal before ej signal

look at this;

Files:
05._1.gif  24 kb

moha00

You seem to have found an excellent system, I haven't yet found a losing trade, though some don't go very far (10 pips??). Difficult identifying which ones don't go far and which ones shoot on to hundreds of pips .

Why have you changed the entry rule to include the spread? Just wondering. Probaby a good idea.

I was wondering also if this system can be automated, but I can't see how (at least I couldn't do it with my basic programming knowledge) as you'd have to define how many bars to wait for the fractal bar after an EJ signal etc and cancel signals that don't get hit. Anyone got any ideas on automation? The EJ sound alert is helpful, anyway.

Thanks

moha00:
I changed enter rule:

stop order 1+spread above(for short below) of fractal bar.

look this link:

Chaos Fractals - CMS Forex

Forex Optimist:
moha00

You seem to have found an excellent system, I haven't yet found a losing trade, though some don't go very far (10 pips??). Difficult identifying which ones don't go far and which ones shoot on to hundreds of pips .

Why have you changed the entry rule to include the spread? Just wondering. Probaby a good idea.

I was wondering also if this system can be automated, but I can't see how (at least I couldn't do it with my basic programming knowledge) as you'd have to define how many bars to wait for the fractal bar after an EJ signal etc and cancel signals that don't get hit. Anyone got any ideas on automation? The EJ sound alert is helpful, anyway.

Thanks

Thanks

You are right!

At here we have one problem: Exit

Ej signal(based on Wpr)works very good

Just for idea set EJ risk at 20 and suppose we buy and sell with arrow!!!(one pip above/below of arrow bar)

sometime noise actived our order

and if we place order some above it's look good.

We look for an good exit rule and after this we can automated this system.

best regard

Hi Folks.

FYI, EJ took the ASCTrend signal when he developed his 4 hr system and simply changed the name. He wasn't trying to be sneaky or anything - just wanted all indicators with the EJ name attached for his system. I think you can see this thread still over at FF.

Cheers

Pip Trip:
Hi Folks.

FYI, EJ took the ASCTrend signal when he developed his 4 hr system and simply changed the name. He wasn't trying to be sneaky or anything - just wanted all indicators with the EJ name attached for his system. I think you can see this thread still over at FF.

Cheers

thanks

Can you post that FF thread link ,please?

I donnt remember when and where that I downloaded EJ.

I only combine EJ(or ASCTrend or Wpr(9) or ...) with fractal and make a good idea and system.

Like most of system ( maybe FYI 4hr system do this work ,too)

But this is very simple and have good win rate.

regard

Moha00

I just wanted to thank you for presenting this thread on Fractals, I have never understood it until now. I had also took the liberty of downloading the book Trading Chaos this weekend, and have been reading it with much interest. The book discusses exits using Elliott Waves which is another area I tend not to venture into since why should trading be made more complicated since it is subjective. Maybe the best way is to use FIBs or trade with the trend to maximize ones profits.

ET

Still trading?

Hi Moha

Are you still trading this system? Any refinements or changes? Just got back off vacation so will be carrying on testing.

Thanks

I am just back from vacation also. Anyone prepared to make some comments on their trading experiences please?