Successful Mechanical Trading System - How can I maximize my Income ?

Hello there,

hope this will be the right place for my little question, but first... here's the abbreviated version of my story.

I started to develop mechanical trading systems 1.5 years ago. First i completed Coders Guru's famous MQL-Training-Course, the i played a little with my trading ideas. At the end i created a mechanical system that is completely based on standard indicators and 2 self developed mql-functions. The system is slightly tweaked (not over-optimized!!! ) for different pairs and produces since the beginning in december 2006 consistent profits on eur/usd and usd/chf. Live Trading Results meet my expectations on this system that were based on 3 Year-Backtests. I make approx. 300 Pips per month. At the moment my Trading-Account is funded with approx. 2600$ and i trade 0.07 Lots. I've got another 4000$ in savings but i don't want to touch this money. Maybe i should mention it - it is not a martingale system.

Here's my question:

If i use intelligent money management it would take a "half eternity" to trade for a living with my little account. Which options did i have to trade bigger positions without "over-leveraging" my account? Maybe i should sell compiled and self expiring copys of my EA via EBay or sell the complete "thing" for an nice amount of $ ? Should i found an managed account and find people how wants to pay in for a little fee and then share the profit ? What could be an legitimate way to enhance my trading asset? Questions about Questions... I hope someone has a good idea...

Please excuse my bad grammar. English is not my native language.

best regards from germany,

Dave

Hi Dave,

300 pips a month might be either awesome or just not bad, depending on EA risk. How big can be a floating dradown. What's the stoploss and takeprofit. How many consequtive losses it may hurt.

Even if it's really good it will be hard to sell it for big money because of lack of forward test. You may post your backtest or demo version of your EA here for people to test it. But if you decide to sell it you'll have to move this thread to the commercial section of this forum.

wookey

Hi Wookey,

if more people are interested i could post my forward testing results. But selling this Baby would be my last resort. I'm looking for a way to increase my asset with debt.

Consistent?

Dave

Question is - Are the 300 (average) a month CONSISTENT results and for how long have these been forward tested?

IF, you have a smooth equity curve, good RRR philosophy, then all you need do is post results here. Do not get suckered into posting the system files for people to 'test' as this is pointless.

Also, if your results are on REAL account, the credibility it will carry is hefty.

Some people sneeze at 300 pips a month but it is gold and if you have the above, go post performance at commercial section. You will find quite a few folk who are willing to have you trade their money for fee because they are unable to trade themselves.

You will not make your money on Ebay.

Pilot

if 300pips per mth is consistent, if me, i'll put half of the 4000 to increase the capital..

be patient

300 pips a month is very good. that is a consistent 15 per trading day. you are doing a good job of money management and keeping risk low. at 15 pips per day you could double this as soon as you double your account. the key is to be patient. The market will always be there but your money may not. My advice is twofold. 1. Keep doing what you are doing. 2. try to improve what you are doing on a demo. the money will come, just be patient tf

mr

dit:
if 300pips per mth is consistent, if me, i'll put half of the 4000 to increase the capital..

Is there anyways of making some pips without losing?! it seems impossible working like a dog and end of the day losing huge has anyone honesty makes consistence income form trading forex or one day happy and next day crying!

cheers

any chance you can share?

???

300 pips/month is garbage!!! try 300 pips/day at least

subscribe to my RAS

hamy:
Is there anyways of making some pips without losing?! it seems impossible working like a dog and end of the day losing huge has anyone honesty makes consistence income form trading forex or one day happy and next day crying! cheers

mike78:
300 pips/month is garbage!!! try 300 pips/day at least

not funny.

Reason: