Trend Entry - need help!!

hi all, please see the attached eurusd daily chart. 34 period JMA looks very good.

Need some help. Other than buy/sell at the blue/red arrow (as suggested by HellGungrave_777) please suggest:

1. entry/stoploss/target method with low drawdown.

2. any indicator (if needed) to go along.

Thank-you

Files:
eurusd1.gif  24 kb

jackt:
hi all, please see the attached eurusd daily chart. 34 period JMA looks very good.

Need some help. Other than buy/sell at the blue/red arrow (as suggested by HellGungrave_777) please suggest:

1. entry/stoploss/target method with low drawdown.

2. any indicator (if needed) to go along.

Thank-you

Can you please post the JMA indicator?

fxd01:
Can you please post the JMA indicator?

It's codersguru's xpMA; default settings with MA_Type 7, Step Period 1. Please see https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175446

sell on close above blue, buy and close below red (judging by that picture at least)

trevman:
sell on close above blue, buy and close below red (judging by that picture at least)

yes, I'm thinking the same. Another thought is to enter after opposite bar. Please see the attached chart. But still unsure about

1. will the entry method work well,

2. where and how to take profits,

3. possible to get earlier warning that the trend is about to change.

Hope more people can share their thought.

Thank-you

Files:
eurusd1.gif  25 kb

hi

jackt:
yes, I'm thinking the same. Another thought is to enter after opposite bar. Please see the attached chart. But still unsure about

1. will the entry method work well,

2. where and how to take profits,

3. possible to get earlier warning that the trend is about to change.

Hope more people can share their thought.

Thank-you

You can add zigzag indicator to determine price direction ... need concept of trend ...higher bottom == uptrend , lower top == downtrend

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz:
You can add zigzag indicator to determine price direction ... need concept of trend ...higher bottom == uptrend , lower top == downtrend

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Don't understand how to use zigzag indicator to determine price direction. Please post a chart.

Thank-you.

use cci 50 or jma cci 50

need to get an EA to get a better idea of entry methods for it

Baba_master:
use cci 50 or jma cci 50

Please post a chart. Don't quite get it. Is it for entry and/or exit? Crosses 0 level or above/below 100?

Thank-you.

usdjpy

Hi all, please see the usdjpy charts below.

Daily chart - last Thursday JMA34 turn yellow and then blue on Friday. On Monday price crossed (in Asia session) the blue JMA34.

4hr chart - as shown, sell stop was triggered with about 100pips profits.

I've 2 questions:

1. Do you think the entry is sensible? (note: this is my first trade following JMA change color; thus not so confident.)

2. It's about exit point. Any suggestion? Would you exit at the support or would you hang on for more pips?

Please help.

Thank-you.

Files:
usdjpy.gif  15 kb
usdjpy1.gif  14 kb
Reason: