~ Old Dog / New Tricks ~ - page 2

Can you tell me how many hours +/- GMT the Crown Forex servers are? Or better yet what time the boxes are drawn for your local time (Utah is PST right now right?)

riffster:
My chart is posted above, unless you want a different time frame or...? Let me know... As far as the number of trades, I am very picky about the angle of the 60 sma, so I will end up with 2 to 4 trades per week. I had 5 once, but very rare. This method has generated about 73% winners. (about +65 pips per week on average) All you really have to do is look at a historical chart with the indicators attached. Pretty straight forward.

For me, patience was the key, learning to keep my finger off the trigger when the market was sending mixed signals.

Happy hunting...

thank you for your system! Please advise if your +65 pips a week includes the weeks losses? As just 1 70 pip stop would more then wipe out a weeks profits

static:
Can you tell me how many hours +/- GMT the Crown Forex servers are? Or better yet what time the boxes are drawn for your local time (Utah is PST right now right?)

Sorry for the late reply, was enjoying the 4th with my family... My time is MST, not PST. I'm pretty sure that MST is -7 GMT, but please double check that. Day light savings always throws me off.

If that doesn't help let me know what you need and I'll be happy to help. The time thing can be a bugger because not all brokers are exactly the same. However, if you get a crown demo, you can compare it to your broker in real-time and make the changes that way. That is actually how I do it. My brain is small, so I need easy ways of doing things, lol...

Cryten:
thank you for your system! Please advise if your +65 pips a week includes the weeks losses? As just 1 70 pip stop would more then wipe out a weeks profits

Sorry for the late reply, was enjoying the 4th with my family... Yes, let me be very clear: this method of trading will have both losing trades and occasional losing weeks. My +65 per week average is just that, a weekly average over a 27 month period. If you've been trading long you know that +65 is still pretty darn good and that is why I stay with it.

My best advise would be to load the Temp and indicator on a chart, then scroll back ( manually ) through some historical data. It can be streaky, but it's "streakiness" can be both positive and negative. If you learn to be picky with your entries ( i.e. the angle of the 60 SMA ) it's not uncommon to go for 6 to 8 trades without a loser... but please check the charts for yourself...

Hope that helps...

thank you

Hi,

I just start playing with metatrader, and one think is buging me.

I know how to load the expert and run it, but what do I do with the template (files with tmp extension).

I have the problem with a few experts, where they run but come up with no results what so ever.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Senad

Hello traders,

Even if the idea is good and that the indicator gives potential, the results of the ea is catastrophic.

I attach the statement of my test :

some systems are set up for manual trading only...maybe this is one of them...

ns_karthik:
some systems are set up for manual trading only...maybe this is one of them...

I also think it but with another indicator of confirmation such as for

example Heiken_ashi.

BrunoFX:
I also think it but with another indicator of confirmation such as for example Heiken_ashi.

Yea, as I cautioned at the front of this thread, "an EA won't work". This is one of those trading methods that needs a dose of comon sense from time-to-time and ( at least so far ) you can't program comon sense into an EA.

Comon sense would = things like: small news releases that move the pair just enough to trigger the trade, or stop driven retracements against the trend that take out the high/low just enough to trigger your trade, etc... That is why this method is planted firmly in the "manual trading" forum...

until someone codes up a nifty MQ4 AI, lol...

Reason: