~ Old Dog / New Tricks ~ - page 7

hb2:
interesting system, i will test forward it

thx for share it

==================++++===============

Yep, just make sure the time frames are setup correctly... It's a solid system... Going on 3 years now...

Old Dog Indicator is now hosted...

Hello all,

Hopefully this will help. I'm hosting the indicator on one of my servers. I created a webpage to quick and easy viewing... You can still use the temp and indicator locally, but the webpage makes it easier to view on the fly...

http://www.4xlounge.com/charts2/breakout.html

14 for 14..!!

I'm not sure if everyone has been following the system recently, but wow..!! it's been cleaning up! The last 14 trades were all winners..!! no head fakes or chop, just nice clean winners. Kind of reminds me of a year ago when the GJ was trending strong. It's bound to reverse at some point and then trend in the other direction..!! Another 14 winners in a row..??

Old Dog - Breakout

one after another....

Files:
gj.jpg  50 kb

All good things must come to an end...

Well, after 14 winning trades in a row, we finally got a stinger... However, the trendline broke to the upside and the system gave us another winning trade. We might get another run of winners..??

Old Dog - Breakout

Files:
gj_1.jpg  85 kb

Hello,

At wich line you put your stop ?

Big Joe:
Hello, At wich line you put your stop ?

Hi Big Joe,

If you read the first post in this thread in will make more sense, but you place your stop at the "opposite" side of the captured range (white box). Hopefully that makes sense..? If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it a bit better...

riffster:
Hi Big Joe, If you read the first post in this thread in will make more sense, but you place your stop at the "opposite" side of the captured range (white box). Hopefully that makes sense..? If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it a bit better...

Yes it is more clear, thanks.

So in your latest picture, you got long, and your stop was at 192.45 (on the light blue line between 192.55 and 192.35) ?

Am i right ?

Big Joe:
Yes it is more clear, thanks.

So in your latest picture, you got long, and your stop was at 192.45 (on the light blue line between 192.55 and 192.35) ?

Am i right ?

Um, no... when I went "long" (not the first trade "short"), my stop was at the bottom of the range @ 191.94

What server time is this set for?

Hi riffster,

Impressive system! Question...

What time zone are you in? I notice that the trillion dollar day indicator is set from 19:50 - 00:05 and 17:30 respectively. This will impact on the amount of potential profit available throughout the day, although the signals look to be correct.

Perhaps to be even more specific, taking your currency pair of GBPJPY, should we not set the indicator to be the open time of JPY at 00:50-5:05 London time and the end of London time 22:30 (which I presume provides a 2hr gap to allow JPY markets to close off the day and prepare for the new)?

Otherwise, please explain why your parameters for the indicator are set for the values mentioned in my first paragraph.

Reason: