Trendline Alerter

Hello everyone,

I have this indicator, the Alerter, which basically warns when price approaches your pre-designed trendline. Can anyone change the code so instead of an email, you get a sound alarm?

Thank you kindly.

Files:
alerter.mq4  4 kb

It would be better that way!

Thank you so much

WTB do you know who originally wrote this indicator?

lucidlamp:
WTB do you know who originally wrote this indicator?

Tesla over at Forex Factory, see thread:

Tesla's Fancy Shmancy Alerting EA @ Forex Factory

WTB:
Can anyone change the code so instead of an email, you get a sound alarm?

this may work.

Files:
alerter1.mq4  5 kb

Problem with the built-in alerts in MT4 (from the "alerts tab"). Triggers at once

Hello.

There seems to be a problem with the built-in alerts for MT4, or atleast a problem with my program.

When I put the condition for the alert to Bid > something, it always triggers at once (e.g. starting to sound), no matter if the actual bid price is greater or smaller than the trigger price. When I put Bid < something, it never triggers, no matter of the condition price set.

When I put ask price > something, it always triggers, and when I put ask price < something, it never triggers.

Someone seen something familiar?

Reg.

Just found one post with trend line alert indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Files:

newdigital:
Just found one post with trend line alert indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

newdigital,pls explain how to use this indicator, does it signal an entry when price crosses the line?

It is about this lines in the code:

double val=ObjectGetValueByShift(TLineName, 0); if (Bid-AlertPipRange*Point = val) PlaySound(AlertWav);

Bid is bid price.

Ask is ask price.

AlertPipRange is in the settings (default is 5).

So, if bid price - AlertPipRange <= trendline

and

If bid price + AlertPipRange >= trendline value

so we will get sound alert.

May be I am wring sorry as I am not a coder.

So it is not exact crossing trend line. It is some kind of ... arounding ... it means that if the price is around trend line with AlertPipRange pips filter so we will get sound alert.

Reason: