Auto pivot trade - page 2

Got this somewhere, don't ask where, I wouldn't know.

Backtests seem ok, but never forward tested it.

Maybe you can continue from there.

Hope it's of help.

delsule:
Got this somewhere, don't ask where, I wouldn't know.

Backtests seem ok, but never forward tested it.

Maybe you can continue from there.

Hope it's of help.

Cool stuff....thanks guys...

Auto pivot trade

I am getting a strange error when trying to run this code. Error 130, which is an invalid stop, however my stop is large enough that it does not violate the minimum stop level. Any ideas? Output is below, I am placing a buy limit order at 1.3251 with a stop at 1.3239, the stop level is 3 pips, but my stop is 12 pips? I attached the code.

2007.01.02 08:00 My Expert EURUSD,M1: Error opening BUY order : 130

2007.01.02 08:00 My Expert EURUSD,M1: BuyLimit:1.3251 StopPrice:1.3239 Target:1.3263

2007.01.02 08:00 My Expert EURUSD,M1: Open=1.3233 Between M1 and R1 StopLevel 3

2007.01.02 08:00 My Expert EURUSD,M1: R2=1.3249 M1=1.3237 R1=1.3225 M2=1.3203 P=1.3181 M3=1.3169 S1=1.3157 M4=1.3135 S2=1.3113

Files:
my_expert.mq4  8 kb

Auto pivot trade

Anyone know of an EA that straddles the daily pivot instead of current price. Looking for something with the following perameters:

1. Set time range. 8am to 14pm GMT

2. place order cancel other feature. -or-

if price is under pivot at 9am then only place sell order or if price is over pivot then only place buy order.

3. Set entry, TP, SL, LOT size

To save time I tried to modify this one but not successful yet...

Just need to figure out how to place order based on daily pivot instead of current price.

Thanks

gbp9am1.3.zip

Files:
gbp9am1.3.zip  3 kb

When do you want the daily pivot to be straddled? After it is calculated?

What if the price is say 1.9000 and the daily pivot calculates at 1.9100 ? Do you wait for the price to be equal to the daily pivot and than straddle?

How many times should this be done during the day? What if the daily pivot is not reached?

Have you backtested this approach ore are you just curious what would happens since straddling a particular price at 9:00 GMT is not working our so well?

I need more details before I code this approach.

Thanks for your response. I found that dolly 2 will do very close to what I was asking for. Take care..

Auto pivot trade

Is there an optimal time frame to use Pivot Points? I work off of a 4 hr time frame and was wondering if I can get some feedback in regards to working with Pivots on that time?

Also, if there are any good Pivot Point indicators I would love to know about them as well.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

M.

Hi Marc,

I'm not a big fan of pivot points but in general, the higher the time frame with any indicators, the better. The 4 Hour chart is a great timeframe for many indicators but I like the 1 hour myself.

Auto pivot trade

Hi guys, sorry english is not my primary language, pardon me !!!

Currently i'm developing my own EA so called " Auto pivot trade " , i would like to seek help to coding an entry order after the EA calculate yesterday daily pivot ( i already have EA for pivot),

example :

if yesterday close > yesterday pivot --> sell

if yesterday close buy

I need help to coding this formula and place order after calculating this order,

Your help is really appreciated !!!!

thanks in advance....

Here is an ea made from my template that takes trades solely on your parameters. There is a need for much more. There are other indicators in there you can unblock and use. Or some one can add one trade per day code to it.

Dave

EDIT: Updated file, added barclose signals and removed rsi exit. I belive trades ok now. But only tested a month or 2.

Files:
Reason: