MT4 platform without Sunday

I am not sure if this has something to do with the settings on my system...

I use the same EA on two different demo platforms (MIG and FXDD) however I am seeing different buy/sell signals. After looking at the history data I realise that it is because one of the platform (MIG) includes ticks on Sunday while the other one (FXDD) does not.

The Sunday ticks only start at 23:00 GMT just before the Monday opening. However, as the system still treats this one hour of data as a separte bar this has an impact on my test EA as it is based on daily bars.

Has anyone got any solution as to how to deal with this inconsistency? Preferably I would like to merge the Sunday ticks into the Monday bar.

Thank you very much

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you need a broker that has their platform set to GMT+2 to avoid the Sunday "daily" bar. Interbankfx recently considered changing their server time to GMT+2 for this very reason, although they eventually decided against it and have left their server time at GMT.

Sunday skipping with pivot/camarillo

Question:

For indicators/experts that rely on pivot lines based on previous day's info:

On Monday, should i be using Friday's data for pivot points?

Also, my broker is open late on Sunday, 18:00 EST (22:00 GMT), for that point should I be using Friday's data as well?

That sounds right but I just wanted to make sure this was correct.

Thanks!

Juan

jhernandez:
Question:

For indicators/experts that rely on pivot lines based on previous day's info:

On Monday, should i be using Friday's data for pivot points?

Also, my broker is open late on Sunday, 18:00 EST (22:00 GMT), for that point should I be using Friday's data as well?

That sounds right but I just wanted to make sure this was correct.

Thanks!

Juan

I had the same problem with my broker. I wrote this pivot daily zone, that taking care of the problem, if there is one.

Files:

In this part of the code:

int dow = TimeDayOfWeek(iTime(NULL, PERIOD_D1, 0));

int dow1 = TimeDayOfWeek(iTime(NULL, PERIOD_D1, 1));

int sh = 1;

if ((HaveSunday) && (dow == 1))

sh = 2; // skip sunday

If its Monday, you skip Sundays data by going back 2 days.... doesnt' that put you on Saturday then? Or does Metatrader skip Saturday as well... Should we be going back 3 days, to Friday's data?

Thanks

Juan

jhernandez:
In this part of the code:

int dow = TimeDayOfWeek(iTime(NULL, PERIOD_D1, 0));

int dow1 = TimeDayOfWeek(iTime(NULL, PERIOD_D1, 1));

int sh = 1;

if ((HaveSunday) && (dow == 1))

sh = 2; // skip sunday

If its Monday, you skip Sundays data by going back 2 days.... doesnt' that put you on Saturday then? Or does Metatrader skip Saturday as well... Should we be going back 3 days, to Friday's data?

Thanks

Juan

No, its two days of trading not calendar days. Look at the chart and u won't find Saturday at all.

Sunday data!!

Hello Traders,

I have an expert that charts de Pivot Point automatically, however MT4 is diplaying Sunday data!!! if you see it on the daily charts a really small candlestick displays sunday DATA! and of course it screws my PP levels. Obviously when you chart the Mondays PP, you want the PP level based on Friday data (not sunday data).

Anyone know how to fix this?

thank you in advance

partida

same here

Mine does that too!!!!!!

I hate it and don't understand why it does that....what's the purpose?

You could use Thursday or Friday. On Friday, traders tend to close out positions before the weekend.

How to ignore the Sunday trading

Hi Guys,

how can I ignore the trading on sunday and when trading on monday ignore the movement of sunday bar and take the data from friday ????

Thanks

et_phonehome_2:
You could use Thursday or Friday. On Friday, traders tend to close out positions before the weekend.

And how can I code these days in EA please...

Thanks

Reason: