Ninja Strategies to Escape From a Loosing Trade !!. - page 2

JanusTrading:
Ninja,

think your comments are all appreachiated.

I found that lower pipintervals usually DECREASE risk.

I use Fibo progression instead of Martingale.

I close higher level trades more frequently and reopen them manually several times.(could not code it so far)

I only want the EA to close ALL trades, if the total accumulated profit on that series is X(i.E 100-500USD) not earlier.

So, i think some good ground has been set by your effort.

Janus

Janus New Ninja Pal .

so this is interesting summarized points you gathered , regarding the close on profit reach i am attaching an EA that will help you close all open trades when things goes in our favor , so regarding higher level trades you close them and reopen them , you mean when you have a higher loosing side you hedge then you close the hedge at profit then reopen it again ??

i would appreciate you illustrating this so the Ninja would spare your life

Just kidding

FX NInja is brilliant! He truly understands this mkt. I will try this with the new settings ASAP.

FX Ninja:
finally i am finding similar minds & gents to speak with .

so here the way i think , Imagine the forex as a cave man and we are ants like .

we can feed on chunks and reminants of his food or while he is feeding actually he is feeding on some on us while i am writing this .

so what are the variables in any martingale .

Grid Size

Take Profit

Progression aka Levels

starting lots

Stop loss

Multiplier for each level

those are the major ones to start with

so lets see which we can play with and which we cant

sure we wont let the rofit away but the profit and grid size are correlated .

things turns messy here , well as a matter of fact each pair in whole forex world is martingale friendly but what the F*** happens is that when an author posts an EA dozens of people test it as it is whithout trying to manipulate the setting just for adventure , not to disrespect EA programmers as i am trying to promote myself in MQL but am sure there are millions smarter than me and i am smarter than millions then why dont people feel to explore this is the Question anyway i am not here to question people atitude .

so returning back to the main track

Taking in consideration the EURUSD everyone trading martin was busted last week due to the sudden 200 pip move without retracment , why BECAUSE ALMOST ALL PEPLE TOOK 20 TO 25 GRID shittttttttttttttttt.

so lets see the smaller picture , i am traped in the Trade help me ninja .

so here is the Ninja Key 1 test after the ninja ofcourse because he isnt the smartest but he isnt dumm .

EURUSD Grid 9 Tp 12 ohhhhhhhhhhh ..

how many times that sucker retraced 12 pips in its 200 journey to F*** all accounts , you do the math .

that was Key 1 .

what about Key 2 the initial lot , i see no profit in the first levels , shit speak english bastard .

i mean its for your own favor to go far so you can get cookie in your wide mouth , lets say

Starting an account with 10K this is totally HUGE but i will use this from now on , then set 12 levels as an example .

Notice this ---------------------- someone after this post will gather some destructive critisicm and say hey fool 12 levels and starting 0.01 in a mini account then you are risking too much ..

here is my future answer to that ignorant , how come EURUSD goes from 0 to + 90 pips without retracing 10 pips .

i think this would happen in 2 ways either USA get Nucked or UK which is farely impossible .

but shit happens , who said that forex is safe but who also said having your money in a wall safe is more safer ..

think like this gents and things will be easier ..

before i leave you with key1 and key2

there is a metter of spread paid , having a Grid 20 is better than having a grid 9 yes sure you will not pay much spread but remember the cave man

when he satch you with a heavy meal he will kill you this is the same as having a TP 27 or more without a Trail .

The ninja wish you a sliced pips if you cant then he will serve you sliced , Good evening Lads and Gents & i wish you a Happy evening with the Ninja Show ...

Btw i am not mad , am trying to think while smiling a bit , lets not grief and think while smiling as i do .....

REGARDS FROM THE NINJA

Tarek,

Use standard bollinger band on H1. Recommended trading discretion is

if (iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,MODE_MAIN,0)>0 && iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,MODE_MAIN,1)>=0) {myOrderType=2;} //long

if (iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,MODE_MAIN,0)<0 && iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,MODE_MAIN,1)<=0) {myOrderType=1;} //short

return(myOrderType);

Martingale positions table

Current Long - Price exceed upper band, tight trailing stop with profit, no more trade until iClose(shift+1)<iBands(upperband)

Current Long - Price exceed lower band, close off trades immediately! No more trade until iClose(shift+1)>iBands(lowerband)

Current Short - Price exceeded lower band, tight trailing stop with profit, no more trade until iClose(shift+1)>iBands(lowerband)

Current Short - Price exceeded upper band, close off trades immediately! No more trade until iClose(shift+1)<iBands(upperband)

Condition is, this type of exit strategy only applicable for range trading martingale system. RB26 is definitely not a suitable candidate, because it trade breakouts instead of range. With the above dodge system, you can survive your martingale system for a very long very long period. But your equity curve may not be as beutiful as it used to be anymore. Good luck.

Regards

David

Now, set aside the idea I previously provide. When we're talking about the interval of double down/gridding/hedge...or whatever you wanna call it. This is the main element that you wanted to create a NO LOSS system. Grid size or some call pipstep has nothing to do with the success on these kind of system. Any good pipstep/grid size is overoptimized at the backtest. When you're trying to run them live, it will eat up your margin like a leech(espeically during slow trending days like 3 days before the recent ECB interest rate hike). Probably most martingale system has already progress long with 2 or 3 level, margin call(or a HUGE STOP LOSS) are awaitting and smilling at you!

I still have no clue on this 1, may be we use ATR will be a great idea. Say current ATR 150pips * 70%, that should be the next pipstep, and you'll never lose a trade. But your equity progression will also be limited to very little. As low as nothing. May be 1~3% return a month. But this is the greatest system that you can make 0 loss trades on martingale in the long run.

Regards

David

edited: Ofcourse, your multiply factor of the next progression should also take into consideration that it decided togather with the ATR, in order to take the retracement nice and easily to bail out the hesitate situation.

Again, if we're talking about trading discretion. Its farely important in the martingale based EA. Most people think that its not related though, but its wrong. Why would you trade if you think this is going to loss? Market is keep making a new high, are you why are you still picking a long position? Think about it? AND!!! Will you take a short when market is taking a new high? It has the possibility that it could go wild. Keep recording a new tick high! Then you're screwed!!! That is the reason why I added RSI 70/30% as non trading days on V1+V2. Its almost the same philosophy as the bollinger band. Finally, all the above idea is my current work in progress, and has not put into action so far in TSD. You can start it if you wanto. But I'm a lonely driver. I wish you guys good luck.

Regards

David

lodol2:
hi static

I like your idea..how you would define the price channel for the ranging period automaticly? with a high low indicator or how you think?

regards

lodol

Man I have no clue, just off the top of my head:

find the slope of today's open price and the average price two weeks ago, and search for fractal high/low between these two points. Maybe try to find at least three that are within +/- 10 pips of each other on either side, and within 5 degrees of the slope from step one.

Hello

Could it modify relation between profits and loses if ATR mechanism would be used to determine TP and DISTANCE BETWEEN LOTS?

Is it possible to adjust also the number of maxtrades according to RANGE of market?

All testing EAs people are looking for the best SL, TP, maxtrade, distance (grid), multiplier etc. I think that is IMPOSSIBLE to find the best CONSTANT settings. All that setting should be changing according to the RANGE and the VOLATILITY because THE RISK IS ALSO VOLATILE.

In days of low range we dont need high SL, TP, maxtrade etc.

master001

MAx trades breakeven

davidke20:
Again, if we're talking about trading discretion. Its farely important in the martingale based EA. Most people think that its not related though, but its wrong. Why would you trade if you think this is going to loss? Market is keep making a new high, are you why are you still picking a long position? Think about it? AND!!! Will you take a short when market is taking a new high? It has the possibility that it could go wild. Keep recording a new tick high! Then you're screwed!!! That is the reason why I added RSI 70/30% as non trading days on V1+V2. Its almost the same philosophy as the bollinger band. Finally, all the above idea is my current work in progress, and has not put into action so far in TSD. You can start it if you wanto. But I'm a lonely driver. I wish you guys good luck.

Regards

David

Some ideas would be to improve the Martingale style EA is to have a progressive lot opening , and wider pipstep progression, as well as a cutoff point for straggling orders, hope that these ideas would help everyone, wish I could help with coding but I am not a coder

Some observations

This thread, I find one of the more interesting and so, I would like to contribute some ideas perhaps.

Firstly, I must admit that I am confused by this whole Martingale "community" because, for hundreds of years it was a well known "fact" that your trade is only as good as your entry/exit points - why then, when we use Matringale as a MM system, the above goes out the door?

Take the highly acclaimed Firebird as an example - it build a channel using a 10 MA and percentage offset from that as an entry signal.

This is ok - but, per definition we will allways trade counter trend.

Would it not be better to move the channel (using the slope of the 10 MA) in such a way that trades would be opened with the trend?

Is the whole idea of trading not an attempt to define and trade with the trend? When did we decide that it's ok to trade counter trend - just because our MM is a Martingale system.

Take the Bless system as another example. Here, trades are just opened - and for some reason, because both a buy/sell are opened at the same time, people are fooled into thinking things are ok when, in fact, one of those trades will be counter trend - unfortunately, it is also the counter trend side that will escalate out of control and drive us ever closer to a margin call.

Personally, I feel that Martingale is a MM system and has nothing to do with your trading strategy.

In order to trade, you need some sort of strategy - then, you need some MM and then (hopefully) will see some profits in your account.

Yet for some reason, when Martingale entered, the strategy phase left the room - why, I do not know.

My ideas

Personally, I do trade something simular to Martingale - as MM only.

However, before we can have the MM, we need some investment (market) strategy.

For this I suggest - take your favorite market indicator(s) to decide which side of the market is most favorable, any reasonable strategy will do as our main objective is a warning about those major trends only.

Then, open your trade in the direction, using your personal block size to determine SL and TP levels.

Then - continue to monitor your indicators and if the market were to change, close your trade and open in the opposite direction.

Keep track of the total pips you have gained/lost until, eventually, the block size is achieved. This would be the same as hitting your SL or TP.

In other words - instead of locking yourself into a single trade (just because of some grid or something) spread that "trade block" over as many trades as needed.

As an example perhaps - yesterday morning my system decided to go into a buy (on the EUR) due to my indicators, the weekend and everything else I look at - this happened at 1.3366 for me.

At the 1.3342 level the system changed back to a sell - a loss of 24 pips.

As I am trading 30 pip blocks, my TP on this sell was then 30+24pips, my SL was 30-24 pips meaning that the block size will be filled at 1.3348 (for the SL side) or 1.3288 (for the TP side)

If the SL side is hit, I will open another trade - this time with twice the number of lots, and try for another 30 pips.

If the TP side is achieved, the current trade string is closed - and I can start again.

Or, my strategy may indicate that a buy may be more favorable anytime before the SL/TP is reached - in that case I will close the sell, open a buy - again using the 30 pip block plus the profits/losses I have made at the moment.

Surely - I do loose the spread everytime I switch direction - it is a small price to pay in order to prevent getting locked into a major counter trend situation.

In conclusion then - I do believe that Martingale MM has validity. However, I find it difficult to believe that it can be implemented successfully without some sound underlying market strategy.

Reason: