MT4 Trailing Stop (5 pips and 10 pips) - page 2

Varsity-Essentials #:

umm... its impressive that mq has retained posts from far back as 2005, but is completely opposite to see that someone responded to such an old post.

But my response to your "recent" post: what do you mean by "a trailing stop manually? If you mean the trail stop that is in mt4/5, then, no. The previous poster mentioned a custom ea.

But with a custom ea, you can make any sort of trailing stop, and use any indicator to customise that trailing stop.

Revo Trades #:

umm... its impressive that mq has retained posts from far back as 2005, but is completely opposite to see that someone responded to such an old post.

But my response to your "recent" post: what do you mean by "a trailing stop manually? If you mean the trail stop that is in mt4/5, then, no. The previous poster mentioned a custom ea.

But with a custom ea, you can make any sort of trailing stop, and use any indicator to customise that trailing stop.
By manually i mean, going to the open positions and adding a trailing stop, for example maybe  the minimum allowable pips are 15 and i want to put a minimum of 10, is that allowable in an EA, that will do it automatically

depends on the broker. and only way to know is to test it on your broker. However, it should yes. I recommend that you search codebase for an ea called "ronz" it is free, and i have used it for years, you can use virtual stop losses.
Reason: