Using Custom Indicator in EA (MT4) - page 2

Hello Guyver,

I think we misunderstood, My question was about Jimven problem, not nittany1.

Nice avatar btw !

keyrama:
Hello Guyver,

I think we misunderstood, My question was about Jimven problem, not nittany1.

Nice avatar btw !

I am not 100% sure .. and not familiar with that indicator as well but simply put these things often happens when using an indicator which repaints the past in a expert adviser.

-guyver

Create EA

Can you please create thion nonrepaint zigzag indicator into ea?

Files:

indicator to expert advisor

Hello People,

Im sorry for posting on this very old thread but it has been really helpful to me and id like to just understand something, what are the parameters for the iCustom function. Wapzzoo were you finally able to feed information from your custom indicator to your e.a?

Id like to pull data from the MBFX timing indicator into my e.a but i cant get thepapameters that are required for me to code it into my e.a

thanks

nduru22

iCustom() has a following form :

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, , int buffer, int shift)

In the part you have to specify the parameters for the custom indicator (in the same order and same type as they are defined in the indicator). An example : let say you have an indicator with parameters parmeter1, parameter2 and parameter3. can be anything like

(empty)

parameter1

parameter1,parameter2

parameter1,parameter2,parameter3

but it can not be

parameter2

parameter2,parameter3

parameter3

parameter1,parameter3

since you can not omit parameters from the beginning not the middle of the parameters list (as you notices you can oomit them from the end, in which case they take default values defined by the indicator)

nduru22:
Hello People,

Im sorry for posting on this very old thread but it has been really helpful to me and id like to just understand something, what are the parameters for the iCustom function. Wapzzoo were you finally able to feed information from your custom indicator to your e.a?

Id like to pull data from the MBFX timing indicator into my e.a but i cant get thepapameters that are required for me to code it into my e.a

thanks

Thank you, so all i need to do is understand and get the parameters for the custom indicator that i would like to use then i can pull the data from there right?

Would like to ask, what if the indicator that id like to work with on my e.a, has more than one buffer? How to i consolidate that information to one variable then work with that one result?

mladen:
nduru22

iCustom() has a following form :

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, , int buffer, int shift)
In the part you have to specify the parameters for the custom indicator (in the same order and same type as they are defined in the indicator). An example : let say you have an indicator with parameters parmeter1, parameter2 and parameter3. can be anything like
(empty)

parameter1

parameter1,parameter2

parameter1,parameter2,parameter3

but it can not be
parameter2

parameter2,parameter3

parameter3

parameter1,parameter3

since you can not omit parameters from the beginning not the middle of the parameters list (as you notices you can oomit them from the end, in which case they take default values defined by the indicator)

error 130

Hello people, anyone who has experience with the ERROR 130, please could someone explain to me what the error is about and how I can solve it??

Thanks

I think that at this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general you will find answers to your question

nduru22:
Hello people, anyone who has experience with the ERROR 130, please could someone explain to me what the error is about and how I can solve it?? Thanks

thanks mladen

mladen:
I think that at this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general you will find answers to your question

Hi people, im trying to limit the number of trades my e.a can get to with respect to pips, such that if the market moves a number of pips, another order is opened irrespective of the direction.

can anyone help me???

Reason: