Do books help you in trading? - page 10

Дмитрий:
Oversleeping is exceeding the current drawdown on an order by the size of the average profit of the trades on the asset in pips.

Thank you, Dimitri, something to think about

Дмитрий:
Overlapping is an excess of the current drawdown of an order over the average profit of the asset in pips.

I know a lot of strategies, including successful ones in some period, with tight SL and TP, and the SL is usually 2 times the TP, in the range of 1.2...2.5 times. I wouldn't call working on these strategies pure overshooting, although the average loss is 2 times the average profit.

Aleksey Mavrin:

I know a lot of strategies, including successful ones in some period, with tight SL and TP, and the SL is usually 2 times the TP, in the range of 1.2...2.5 times. I wouldn't call working on these strategies pure overstaying, although the average loss is 2 times the average profit.

Oversaturation is not an SL/TP ratio.

If your SL is 10 times the TP level, but your drawdown does not exceed 10% of the TP level, it is not over sitting.

Дмитрий:

Overexposure is not the SL/TP ratio.

If you have 10 times the SL as the TP level, but the drawdown does not exceed 10% of the TP level, it is not over sitting

I know these are different things, that's why I gave this example to what you said. Obviously then the drawdown can be up to 10 times the TP and there is no strategy to close it. Perhaps you just didn't put it that way?

books are always a good thing. whether it's a stock market story or a documentary history of the world. Reading develops the brain.

Дмитрий:

Oversleeping is not a SL/TP ratio.

"OBSERVING" is a subjective problem, sucked out of your finger - a horror story for beginners...

The same market situation for different strategies ( scalping, intraday or medium term...) will be evaluated differently...

For a trading robot, this problem does not exist at all - it will simply close the position according to its algorithm or ignore the minus...

It's not worth highlighting this problem at all... There are more useful things to work on...

Serqey Nikitin:

" TRANSACTION" is a subjective problem sucked out of your finger - a horror story for beginners...

The same market situation for different strategies (scalping, intraday or medium term...) will be evaluated differently...

For a trading robot, this problem does not exist at all - it will just close the position according to its algorithm or ignore the minus...

Highlighting this issue is not worth it at all... There are more useful things to work on...

If we add the words "I believe that..." before this text, then it's OK - everyone can think whatever he/she wants.

On the other hand, if a trader suffers a loss of 100 pips in a trade to take 5 pips of profit, it will not last long and there is no point...

The pity the Automat was banned - here is a monument to overdoing it with an inevitable outcome.

Дмитрий:

On the other hand, if a trader suffers a 100 pips loss in a trade to take a 5 pips profit, he will not last long and what is the point...

Any problem can be trivialized!

If we look at "super genius" strategies - from one line: Open a position and forget about it for a year..., then this is one issue...

And if you look at profitable strategies that give a steady plus over several years, that's a different question, although the problem is the same...

Serqey Nikitin:

Any problem can be trivialised!

If you consider "super genius" strategies - from one line: open a position and you can forget about it for a year..., then that's one question...

And if we look at profitable strategies that give a steady plus over several years, it's a different question, although the problem is the same...

Are there any of these in real life with overshooting, or is this just philosophical musings?

Reason: