D'Alembert-Based Trading Systems - page 4

Nicholishen:
Ha... it's a little more complex than just a simple piece of code. The binary MM algorithm is what it is. The 6 different methods that comprise the binary MM library are task specific and it would take a total re-write to make it applicable to any other sequencing or alternative betting strategies. Posting code would be no more beneficial to the community than what i have already done. If you have an EA that test good with the binary strat, then you can do one of two things to get the unlocked version for live and demo trading. You can 1. Send me the version of the EA for trading along with a backtesting statement and NDA if it makes you fell better OR 2. send $1500 to my paypal. My guess is - if it were an easy thing that didn't take long to write it would have been done years ago (to put all this speculation to rest). Regardless of what you believe my time to be worth, I have a value. If you, like most people are looking for a free lunch then kindly move on. If you want to make some money then lets partner up.

Sorry, I didn't remember that we are in the commercial section.

Anyway, that's the new spirit of this forum. It's ok, I don't care about.

But before assuming that I am here to get some free lunch from you, please, take few minutes out of your precious time to look at my posts : you will see that I had never - never - ask anything. This is just because I do not need anything; so, thanks for thinking that you could give me any lunch.

Continue to read Abert Einstein, that's surely the way to become more and more intelligent and to increase your own value ...

Michel:
Sorry, I didn't remember that we are in the commercial section.

Anyway, that's the new spirit of this forum. It's ok, I don't care about.

But before assuming that I am here to get some free lunch from you, please, take few minutes out of your precious time to look at my posts : you will see that I had never - never - ask anything. This is just because I do not need anything; so, thanks for thinking that you could give me any lunch.

Continue to read Abert Einstein, that's surely the way to become more and more intelligent and to increase your own value ...

Thanks for your kind words of wisdom. I am glad that you understand why it's important to smoke out the leechers and the time wasters. The binary library and function are extremely simple to use and call. Anyone is able to use it to freely test it on their strategy. If something is sucessful then we share. ... not an unreasonable concept is it? simple simple simple... that was your original request right?

Help Needed

I have posted a request here for some help regarding the coding of an ea with an alternative MM that needs some fancy programming. It seems that there might be some talent around here that could help me in this regard.

Any help will be appreciated. I am willing to share the specific detail of the strategy I used to produce those statistics with the coder that can help me and this might even be improved on with an ea.

Thank You

I'm trying a new manual system based on a modified D'Alembert.

I'm using the following indicators simply because they appeal to me, I imagine a moving average would work about as well.

I apply an 18 LSMA to both 1D and 1H charts. To both charts I also add an 18 Chandelier exit and an 18 period Fractal Dimension indicator.

When both charts are "in sync", that is, chandeliers are both in the same direction, LSMAs are trending the same, and the fractal dimension is indicating trending activity, I take a trade for 1 lot in the direction of the trend. 20 pips TP and SL.

(D'Alembert refresher: Add 1 when you lose, subtract 1 when you win. When the progression reaches 1 again you start over.)

If the first trade wins, I start over trading another single lot. If it loses, I add one. Straight D'Alembert so far. The difference is when I start winning, I modify the progression so that the next win will net me just 1 unit more than the equity I had before the sequence. This terminates the sequence early and helps minimize a large number of trades. This is a sort of combination of a D'Alembert and Oscar's Grind.

I've backtested this manually on other forward-tested system results and it shows promise. This will show a profit with about a 40% winning system.

I will post results after forward testing for a reasonable time if it shows merit.

Any comments welcome.

Update to above post

See post above.

Attached are demo results from 6 days of trading, also attached is a screenshot of indicators.

I dropped the daily charts and am working from 1H only.

Today was a good day as I was home and was able to take advantage of all the activity; however, I have been trading it on a casual basis- I look at the charts when I can and take a trade if it presents itself.

I'm dropping the highly correlated pairs and those with large spreads, probably sticking most to EURUSD, USDJPY and USDCAD and/or AUDUSD.

I made a couple of goofs in one or two of the sequences, but it hasn't mattered much.

If anyone is interested I will post the spreadsheet I use.

I almost blew an account with this exact system, using the 'moderate' setting. You can see the win rate is much less than 50%, and the drawdowns can be huge.

What do you mean, "this exact system"? What "moderate" setting?

You're using the same indicators, strategy and betting algorithm?

You're not referring to the "Binary Equation" are you?

If you're also referring to an attachment, I don't see anything.

"Binary Equation" (Profits Are Up)

WNW:
What do you mean, "this exact system"? What "moderate" setting?

You're using the same indicators, strategy and betting algorithm?

You're not referring to the "Binary Equation" are you?

If you're also referring to an attachment, I don't see anything.

Please read my posts. This is not the Binary Equation by a long shot.

hello

Hi WMW,

How s your finding ?

Is this thread dead?

zu si fu

Reason: