Auto Trading

Im new to Meta Trader and a little bit to Forex as my name implies. I was wondering about Grid trading and other auto trading scripts. If some of you could help me through this, id like to keep this thread open for discussions, to help me better understand how meta trader works and its usefulness with auto trading. As well as pros and cons to its possibilites.

Is there any good grid trading scripts out there. I have found a few on this forum and did try to use them, but I dont think I fully understand how to get them to work on a demo account. Im not totally set on a grid trading but would like to learn more...

Look at this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

thanks I was reading it. still reading it...

does it cover auto trading? or alike? Id like to invest 1k and be able to check in on it from time to time. know what I mean?

noob:
thanks I was reading it. still reading it... does it cover auto trading? or alike? Id like to invest 1k and be able to check in on it from time to time. know what I mean?

Yes. There are some links on Codersguru articles about autotrading and some other information.

k thanks, Ima read over that and jlpi's thread that was just bumped. Id like to learn to code, but i bet it takes some time?

ok im off to read and do more searching thanks digital.

Oh one question I do have is. Can we set EA's or Auto traders to specific time charts? This idea is not great for sniping.

Hi, I have been away for awhile now with some free time and a few more tools under my belt I would like to come back and learn some more.

After moving and reformatting and losing browser book marks I finally found this site again and my username lol. It appears that the name fits unfortunately :/ but I do feel I'm getting the hang of the charts. I have learned a little bit here and there in my spare time to feel 80%+ confident about trading soon. (just need to learn about the brokers and the platforms a bit more)

The past few days I was able to read and learn a few more strategies and tools. I sat at the computer looking at charts for hours and hours prob 12 hours total with a few breaks to play with the dog. I think I may have stumbled upon something about 5 hours into using my new strategies and tools. So far It has been a high success rate and it got me thinking again about auto traders.

I would like to talk to someone about this through pm that is skilled and knowledgeable and able to work with a noob like me. Im not sayin that this idea is one of a kind or even going to change our lives because as my username states I am far from knowing everything. Although looking at some of the greatest people in our society you think wow! how does a dumb ass like that get so far in his career. lol so I tend to think its not what you think its how. Maybe I see something that has not been created yet or perhaps I just have not searched in great depths. My time is some what limited being rather busy and I know it doesn't give me the excuse to slack and be lazy but I feel I need to share this with a dependable trust worthy person because Its my idea. Ya know? You get that feeling after hours and hours of trying to figure out something and when you do you want to tell the world but you just cant.

I will continue to read and search the best I can but if there is someone out there with time and the ability to work slowly with me then please pm me. If you are just pming me to hear the idea then piss off I can probably go run to school and find a coder I can work face to face with but I am a member of this forum like many others and feel its my job not to troll and leach but lurking and creating creativity or "thinking" is allowed.

To help explain my idea before you pm here are a few of my thoughts:

*I would like to use three (3) EA?s or tools(indicators) to confirm a long or short.

*"If" all threes of these studies confirms a yes "then" a buy and sell is placed and most likely with a stop.

I don't know the complexities of these types of scripts or the possibilities of meta4 being able to do this.

I think that if an EA can alert the investor why cant it set rules for itself right?

Also there are a few more things I would like to add.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and again I would like to keep this thread open to ask basic questions pertaining to this idea or relative matters.

I can sit here for more hours and hours learning code and how to program but I just don't have the time with school and work and so much going on but I do want to see where this idea goes.

I look forward to reading replies

Thanks,

Noob

Reason: