Forex Hedging

I have been experimenting with a form of hedging (I think it is hedging) and so I am looking for some feedback. I have been doing it for a few weeks now with a lot of success. As always, I am sceptical of short term success. Here is how it goes:

Example: Use Metatrader because of "pending orders"

Best Case

Buy EUR/USD at say 1.3350 with a S/L of 30 pips so 1.3320. Set target of 3:1

Set up a pending order to Short if the pair drops to 1.3335 (-15 pips) with a S/L of 15 pips to 1.3350 but a target of 3:1.

The benifit is that if the "buy" trade goes against me, I risked 30 pips but it only cost 15 pips in value but I can make back that money when the Short continues downward.

You may have to give up a little in order to get the right trend and make the big trend.

I have had some great results with this catching a 93 pip JPY and 70 pip EUR during the night when I was sleeping and not watching my screen. In general, I have been only giving up 15 pips if I am wrong about the trend.

Worst Case

The trend may move into a horizontal channel and not trend up or down but stay in a narrow 50 pip range. In this case I would give up 15 pips for nothing if my "Long" trade drops to -15 pips and then goes back up and then reverses again and goes Short for another 30 pips. With this, I could potentially lose 45 pips on this day.

This has not happened to me yet but it eventually will I am sure. I did have a situation where I lost 30 pips but I was in front of the computer and I re-set the hedge and made the money back.

The good thing is that I use the xpMA, EMA Cross IND, MACD and the most important thing being the "Pending trades" function of the Metatrader platform.

Please, if anyone uses a similar set-up or would like to point out the pit-falls of this, I'd like to know because it is working very very well for me.

if your risking 30 but then entering a new trade after 15, why not just risk 15. since the 15 between the 15 and the 30 are hedged thus, no profit.

trevman:
if your risking 30 but then entering a new trade after 15, why not just risk 15. since the 15 between the 15 and the 30 are hedged thus, no profit.

Because most times I have found that 15 pips is just not a wide enough S/L. I usually get stopped out if I am wrong with such a shallow 15 pip setting. It allows me to set my S/L at 30 and if I am totally wrong in the trend, then I only lose 15 pips total. If I am right, then I get what ever I set my targets at minus the 15 pips I had in the hedge. If the trend goes my way from the beginning, then I don't even end up in a hedging situation because the "pending order" doesn't kick in unless I'm down -15 pips.

At what time are you entering? Do your indicators give you a signal?

Could you pls draw it in a chart ? Thanks

Nic

Question about multipairs backtesting.

Good day for everybody!

Please, help me with www.forexgen.com!

They claimed, that they have multipairs strategy tester on there MT4 platform.Since I am into hedging metod, I was looking everywere for multipairs tester, but could not find it. If anybody using there service,give me notice about this(possibility of multipairs tester at MT4).I cannot download there platform completly, maybe because they dont cover Russia. But, if you in Europe or in the States, they have free 30 days trial for that countres.

Thank's in advance!

Could you give me a sample with actual values please.

So if I set up a Buy with TP=15 SL=100 would I set the Hedge to start when original order goes 50 against? and set Hedge SL to be 30? What should the TP of the Hedge be?

Thanks

Camen:
I have been experimenting with a form of hedging (I think it is hedging) and so I am looking for some feedback. I have been doing it for a few weeks now with a lot of success. As always, I am sceptical of short term success. Here is how it goes:

Example: Use Metatrader because of "pending orders"

Best Case

Buy EUR/USD at say 1.3350 with a S/L of 30 pips so 1.3320. Set target of 3:1

Set up a pending order to Short if the pair drops to 1.3335 (-15 pips) with a S/L of 15 pips to 1.3350 but a target of 3:1.

The benifit is that if the "buy" trade goes against me, I risked 30 pips but it only cost 15 pips in value but I can make back that money when the Short continues downward.

You may have to give up a little in order to get the right trend and make the big trend.

I have had some great results with this catching a 93 pip JPY and 70 pip EUR during the night when I was sleeping and not watching my screen. In general, I have been only giving up 15 pips if I am wrong about the trend.

Worst Case

The trend may move into a horizontal channel and not trend up or down but stay in a narrow 50 pip range. In this case I would give up 15 pips for nothing if my "Long" trade drops to -15 pips and then goes back up and then reverses again and goes Short for another 30 pips. With this, I could potentially lose 45 pips on this day.

This has not happened to me yet but it eventually will I am sure. I did have a situation where I lost 30 pips but I was in front of the computer and I re-set the hedge and made the money back.

The good thing is that I use the xpMA, EMA Cross IND, MACD and the most important thing being the "Pending trades" function of the Metatrader platform.

Please, if anyone uses a similar set-up or would like to point out the pit-falls of this, I'd like to know because it is working very very well for me.

pupsik:
Good day for everybody!

Please, help me with www.forexgen.com!

They claimed, that they have multipairs strategy tester on there MT4 platform.Since I am into hedging metod, I was looking everywere for multipairs tester, but could not find it. If anybody using there service,give me notice about this(possibility of multipairs tester at MT4).I cannot download there platform completly, maybe because they dont cover Russia. But, if you in Europe or in the States, they have free 30 days trial for that countres.

Thank's in advance!

A multipair backtester would really cool to have. Anybody used one?

Reason: