How to install indicators & EA

Hello there,

May I know how to install the custom indicator & EA to the new version of MT4 build 600? I was tried to install to the custom indicators to MetaTrader 4 directory under MQL4/ indicators, and re-open the MT4 platform, under custom indicator, I won't be able to locate my custom indicator I was installed. kindly let me know how to install the custom indicators & EA to the new version of MT4 build 600?

Thank you!

kwng:

Hello there,

May I know how to install the custom indicator & EA to the new version of MT4 build 600? I was tried to install to the custom indicators to MetaTrader 4 directory under MQL4/ indicators, and re-open the MT4 platform, under custom indicator, I won't be able to locate my custom indicator I was installed. kindly let me know how to install the custom indicators & EA to the new version of MT4 build 600?

Thank you!

Open your MT4 terminal, click File>Open Data Folder this is where you need to place your Indicators EAs and scripts, in this folder structure inside MQL4\Indicators MQL4\Experts and MQL4\Scripts

RaptorUK:
Open your MT4 terminal, click File>Open Data Folder this is where you need to place your Indicators EAs and scripts, in this folder structure inside MQL4\Indicators MQL4\Experts and MQL4\Scripts

Thank you for your reply!

An Indicator I was placed inside MQ4\Indicators folder. But after I reopen the MT4 platform, the Indicator was not at the custom indicators under Navigator window. May I know what's wrong with it?

Thank you!

kwng:

Thank you for your reply!

An Indicator I was placed inside MQ4\Indicators folder. But after I reopen the MT4 platform, the Indicator was not at the custom indicators under Navigator window. May I know what's wrong with it?

Thank you!

Do you get any error messages in the Experts or Journal tabs ? are you copying across just the .ex4 or the .mq4 as well ?

RaptorUK:
Do you get any error messages in the Experts or Journal tabs ? are you copying across just the .ex4 or the .mq4 as well ?

Hi! after i placed my EAs inMQL4\Experts, then i try using the strategy tester, my EAs dont work.. I got messages "invalid value for MathLog function" in Journal tabs..can i know what wrong with my EAs? or maybe i just wrongly placed my EAs.. (my EAs: .ex4)

apezaudrey:

Hi! after i placed my EAs inMQL4\Experts, then i try using the strategy tester, my EAs dont work.. I got messages "invalid value for MathLog function" in Journal tabs..can i know what wrong with my EAs? or maybe i just wrongly placed my EAs.. (my EAs: .ex4)

My message was not meant for you . . .

Show your code where you use the MathLog() function and the definition of the variables you are passing to it. And please use the SRC button.

RaptorUK:

I did not get any error messages, I am copying the mq4 indicator file.

Thank you for your help!

kwng:

I did not get any error messages, I am copying the mq4 indicator file.

Thank you for your help!

I have also same problem in new MT4. I added new indicator same as older way expert-indicator-add indi. But reopen my platform i dont see my added indicator on navigator's custom indicator section. PLZ help me .

Ulambayar:

I have also same problem in new MT4. I added new indicator same as older way expert-indicator-add indi. But reopen my platform i dont see my added indicator on navigator's custom indicator section. PLZ help me .

Can someone please help me? Thank you!

when you download a new platform, you have to store it there :

C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ give_this_terminal_a_name

You have to look for this place,once the download window show up, clik brownse

find appData>Roaming>Metaquote>Terminal

then "create a new folder", name it : "give_this_terminal_a_name"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your terminal is not stored a the right place, I think

Ulambayar:

That is the wrong directory . . . there is no experts/indicator any longer . . .

RaptorUK:
Reason: