Hotkeys for Buy and Sell - page 4

Save these two files in the \Program Files\[MT4 dir]\experts\scripts folder. Open with MetaEditor and compile. In MT4 Navigator - Scripts, right-click on a script - Set hotkey, e.g.:

Alt-b for 1-Click Buy Order

Alt-s for 1-Click Sell Order.

You're set to go, for entries.

For exits, a script could be almost as simple or more involved. It depends on the trader's MO and therefore exactly what actions he needs to be able to execute with 1 click.Enjoy

Files:

techinvest:
Not To my knowledge. This is something I would be using to beat the brokers spike when news is released due to getting it a bit faster. You can modify the scripts for different SL's and TP's or remove the TP alltogether and close it manually.

Say have one script you execute via hotkeys for a 10 pip SL, and call it HotKey_Buy_10SL and assign 1 key to it. Or another with a different SL you'd assign another Hotkey to.

The key here for me is speed. Modifying the SL's and TP's would have to be done via an EA and when you have only seconds to react, I think you'd end up losing the trade altogether.

The other alternative is to straddle the news, but most brokers aren't a fan of this and you run the risk of the brokers widening the spreads so far that both your SL's will get hit expecially with the whipsaws. Thus might be a better alternative.

Here are the scripts with no TP, but I've added a script to close the order which you can assign a new hotkey to as well.

The only thing is this:

You must have the correct chart window selected (for the pair you're trading) once you hit the hotkey buy or sell. Otherwise you're going to enter a position in the pair who's window is selected (which may not be what you want). So be sure.

The close script was designed to exit the LAST position opened in that pair. Again, make sure the right window is selected. This way if you have one open position in the pair prior to making a news trade it'll be the last one you entered that gets closed. It closes both buy and sell positions. So keep that in mind. It's really designed to trade a pair that has no open positions... just for news.

---------------------------------------------------

I down loaded all the three Hot Keys and installed them on my Meta 4 Platform.

When I execute buy order by pressing Alt+B, or sell order with Alt+S, it will execute the oreders but it will open up 5 to 7 orders at time in a 5 lots each. And when I use Alt+C to close the order, it will not close it.

Any guidance!!!! Am I doing something wrong?

Can we change the Number of Lots from 5 to say 1 or 0.1?

kevinator:
Save these two files in the \Program Files\[MT4 dir]\experts\scripts folder. Open with MetaEditor and compile. In MT4 Navigator - Scripts, right-click on a script - Set hotkey, e.g.:

Alt-b for 1-Click Buy Order

Alt-s for 1-Click Sell Order.

You're set to go, for entries.

For exits, a script could be almost as simple or more involved. It depends on the trader's MO and therefore exactly what actions he needs to be able to execute with 1 click.Enjoy

It's not working here, can you explain how to, so i can see if i'm doing something wrong?

Regards

They dont seem to be working either.

For the most part, most seem to work (and yes I have tried a lot of them through the search function).

However, the ones that do work need a confirmation. Would someone have a buy/sell hotkey script that will execute an order WITHOUT a confirmation box ???

Thanks in advance.

Close All Hot Keys Script

Hi folks,

If you liked the CloseAll script you should like this version more.

The new thing is you can assign a Hot Key to the script and with one click you can close all you orders very simply and quickly.

The other new stuff is that the script is able to reside on the chart. And this enables you to attach it to any chart even if this chart hosts an Expert Advisor.

Enjoy yourself! and tell me your comment!

Download from here

Hi forex-tsd admin!

Why did you moved the thread to this post? They are not related!

codersguru:
Hi folks,

If you liked the CloseAll script you should like this version more.

The new thing is you can assign a Hot Key to the script and with one click you can close all you orders very simply and quickly.

The other new stuff is that the script is able to reside on the chart. And this enables you to attach it to any chart even if this chart hosts an Expert Advisor.

Enjoy yourself! and tell me your comment!

Download from here

Your post can not be as a separated thread.

because if separated thread so it will look like an advertisement.

So, I moved it to similar thread.

Please, keep one or 2 threads to promote your website inside your section. Otherwise I (or other moderator) will move (or delete) it anyway.

newdigital:
Your post can not be as a separated thread.

because if separated thread so it will look like an advertisement.

So, I moved it to similar thread.

Please, keep one or 2 threads to promote your website inside your section. Otherwise I (or other moderator) will move (or delete) it anyway.

It's OK! I'll keep all of my posts in one or 2 threads!

Thanks newdigital!

Can you please tell me if there is some MQL functionality available, which make it possible to catch keyboard input while the EA is working???

hey

This is helpful! thanks!

Reason: