Chimera - Trending EA - based on Phoenix. - page 4

Reverse concept

Just a thought

I find very interesting to change Phoenix signals for trending instead of counter trending. I read somewhere that it is possible to take a bad Expert Advisor and make it profitable by reversing it. If you have a negative curve in back testing, the guy just reverses signals to make it profitable ! I don't know how he does it, but it seams to be fairly simple. It may just be easier to optimise for bad results and then reverse it.

I hope this comment can ring a bell in some programer's minds on this forum !

Hi Autumn

Then ?

Chimera still alive ?

Hope you will succeed

Let us know...

davidke20:
Where can I start with P6. I think with my tiny little programming skill should help you up a little bit anyway.

Regards

David

Where can you start P6 ?

Well... you choose a brooker (FXDD seems good for now) open a demo account of 5000 us leverage 100:1... After...

Well... with 561 post you are not a newbee !!!! Do what you want !

Welcome here...

Optimisation here

Statement in Phoenix Live testing report thread

Settings files in Phoenix Settings file thread

Good search...

Good trades....

See you

davidke20:
Where can I start with P6. I think with my tiny little programming skill should help you up a little bit anyway.

Regards

David

Ahhh a new poster to the Phoenix thread, welcome!

I suppose one thing to do is to go through the current code and see what it does. Any specific directives will have to come from daraknor, Pcontour, and autumnleaves since they seem to be the main work horse at this point. But welcome nonetheless!

A while back, there was an attempt to reverse firebird's signal (Phoenix came from firebird). Just thought I would add that small bit of info.

Chimera development

Nice to hear from everyone. As Mark Twain once said, "rumours of my death are highly exaggerated."

I am as impatient as anyone to see Chimera put to the test, but there are myriad problems in getting stable code to work with, as you will appreciate if you have read Daraknor's and PContour's posts. Since I lack programming skills, my own contribution can only be minimal. It is vital at this point that P6Chimera be tested for buggy code. You can do this by turning on logging and debugging and posting the log files as P6Chimera works on a demo account, or on a backtest. The log data will indicate if the signals are firing as they should.

I am reluctant to test the version of Chimera based on Phoenix5.7.2 for profitability until all the old Phoenix signals are converted to EASY signals. I have applied my minimal talents to this task, but keep running into pitfalls. On the version posted here I tried to work around this by using the iCustom indicator feature in MQL4. If anyone can see why this code either executes at a snail's pace on backtesting or does not produce any trades, please feel free to massage the code back to good health. The attached compiled version of Traders Dynamic Index must be placed in the indicators folder for this to work.

You will note that there are no preferred settings for currency pairs. This is because EASY signals are essentially global in scope. Some tweaking may be attempted when it actually learns to trade.

davidke20:

Regards

David

You have big programming skill! Big trader skill too.

Phoenix6 has been modified with labeled functions and variables. The variables have been named based on how they are used. P_[variable name] are intended to refer to signal/trade data. U_[variable name] are intended to refer to how the user wishes to trade the EA. If you are interested in ChainEntry code I can include that too. SplitTrades all uses the same entry price, but it does adjust the take profit levels.

Delayed entry code could easily be adapted into the "CheckExit" system to enter at different prices or conditions.

I had a generic accounting system to check current number of open trades, which ones are in profit, etc. If you want to use functionality like that, please let me know or modify as you like.

I'm trying to convert Phoenix6 into a collection of baseline functions that can handle the 4 basic types of signal checks: filters, entry, exit, market type. Generic functions already handle the different trade types (Buy, Sell, Buy Limit, Sell Limit, Buy Stop, Sell Stop)

daraknor:
... ... If you are interested in ChainEntry code I can include that too. SplitTrades all uses the same entry price, but it does adjust the take profit levels.

Delayed entry code could easily be adapted into the "CheckExit" system to enter at different prices or conditions.

I had a generic accounting system to check current number of open trades, which ones are in profit, etc. If you want to use functionality like that, please let me know or modify as you like... ...

Mate, I've never trusted EA to open buy stop/sell stop or buy limit/sell limit, unless its a trendline trader. There is few things I think you should start thinking off before we go furthur.

1) Whether we go with trend trading

2) Anti trend trading

3) Robust with beginning of the trend(anti trend) to take advantage only on low target and low stop loss. Could take days to open 1 trade(less risk, low return)

4) Trade expiration(even opened trade, not just pending order)

5) How reliable the indicator is

6) Will the volatility affect your indicator? Say, a spike could bring you into the trade

7) Exit strategy? Target? Stop loss?Based on PIP's define by trader? Or robust by the system itself to judge? Indicators? Price action? Swing trading?

8) Do we enter all the trades at the same leve? In that case, I will never go split order. Because when we die, we die togather, why not we win togather. That is not diversify the risk, but risking what you should made about.

9) 2 level martingale? 1 trade not success, go for another 1 with double lot size(only if you're confidence with your indicator)

10) When is the due date of this project? What is the objective? Who is the objective? Is the market majority using this EA, will it affect the price movement life cycle? If it is, then safe it. No point to carry on.

11) Refer 10, is that every broker, every platform, every user are going to get the same signal. You buy, I buy, he buy, she buy, everybody buy. Or its based on the broker feed?

Before we can start, let me know what do you think. Below attached 1 of the trend follower system I made last year. But never been successful on live trading, with just 1 single bug - SLIPPAGE. The price I enter never been honour. The stop always trigger before it mature(study my statement, the stop loss has never been at the same point). This is a BROKER issue killed my EA. Its currently converted to VisualBasic running on API with Oanda. Quite healthy. Thanks to MT4 for the good strategy builder/tester. Have a look. Cheers.

Regards

David

Chimera 5.7.2 TS

Thanks very much for the fix on the parabolic signal PContour, I'll try to test it ASAP.

Meanwhile, I do believe that the TS setup may be misfiring. It appears that it kicks in as soon as the trade is 1 pip in profit, and immediately moves the TP to TS and sets SL to a new position. It then shifts the new SL-TP pair upwards one pip with each pip gained. Is this the way it is intended to work? And how do you activate the scalable TS?

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9512 1.9552 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9514 1.9554 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9515 1.9555 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9516 1.9556 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9518 1.9558 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9519 1.9559 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9520 1.9560 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9524 1.9564 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9527 1.9567 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9530 1.9570 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9531 1.9571 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9535 1.9575 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9536 1.9576 0.00 10000.00

modify 1 1.00 1.9531 1.9540 1.9580 0.00 10000.00

s/l 1 1.00 1.9540 1.9540 1.9580 90.00 10090.00

Volatility-Bollinger-Fibonacci

I am quite convinced that the Volatility Band of the TDI is merely Bollinger bands transposed onto the same scale as the RSI scale, i.e. from 1 to 100. It should be possible to rewrite the Volatility Band as Bollinger if the behaviour of the RSI can also be transposed back to the actual chart scale. This might facilitate programming of the other EASY signals. It may be possible to find a simple analog for the Trade Signal Line from the TDI.

Moreover, the 1.6185 figure used in the TDI scaling is nothing but a Fibonacci number.

Reason: