Is it possible to create an EA utilizing a specific Indicator without the source file?

Hi all, I should start by saying I am not a programmer, i like to utilize the freelance section for EA creation.

As the title suggests, I do not have the source file for an indicator that i would like to utilize in an EA? Is it possible to implement without it? I understand the Maths behind the indicator, however this specific Indicator has been modified to be very processor friendly so would prefer not to have to double handle and waste time/money on an indicator if i do not need to.

Thanks

If you have the math, or calculation you can either create the source code, or if it's simple, directly incorporate it into an EA.

If you only have an EX4/5 chances are good that you can read it's buffer values by iCustom function, no source code required.

Many possibilities.

Marco vd Heijden:

If you have the math, or calculation you can either create the source code, or if it's simple, directly incorporate it into an EA.

If you only have an EX4/5 chances are good that you can read it's buffer values by iCustom function, no source code required.

Many possibilities.

Awesome. Thanks mate

Some developers have "Universal" EAs which trade off signals put in buffers of an EA.  You can check Market for them with a simple search.

Buffers may or may not be coded in a way the EA will recognize them.

The Universal EAs I have seen use only the default inputs of the indicator since all you put into the EA inputs is the name/location of the indicator you are using as a signal.

This is the only "off the shelf" way I know to do this.

Michael Maggi:

Some developers have "Universal" EAs which trade off signals put in buffers of an EA.  You can check Market for them with a simple search.

Buffers may or may not be coded in a way the EA will recognize them.

The Universal EAs I have seen use only the default inputs of the indicator since all you put into the EA inputs is the name/location of the indicator you are using as a signal.

This is the only "off the shelf" way I know to do this.

If you have the source code to this then you can simply add more input parameters that will be passed onto the Indicator.

Reason: