PowerTrading/The River - page 18

Today's Trade

Waited till very early this morning to trade. I was looking at a short all night for the cable. It was in the top of the channel and at new highs so I was looking for a short. After a small bounce to test the top of the channel, I waited a few candles and took a short at 2.0118 to 2.0035 for 83 pips. Next trade was a standard River trade short of Geppy at 238.23 and took profit at 237.42 for 79 pips. Finally I took a reversal from the first low on Geppy and after first attempt purchased an additional standard lot and took it out at 31 pips. I later took the other out at 21 pips but only counted the first as chart pips. There was some dispute about whether we would reverse to the River and obviously we went to the River and beyond. Great day!

Tuesday/Wednesday 193 Pips

Weekly Total 493 Pips

who ppl can change the .avi format to .rm ??

thank you

from ocm

PowerTrader:
This is a Camtasia file of the River that was part of a DVD created. It shows how to create and trade the River. It is a big file and I hope it will be helpful if you take the time to download it. There are references to a private website in this video and I do not want to violate any rules here. I am not trying to sell anything and the site is free.

http://www.divshare.com/download/280665-723

Big, Big file!

hi PT,

pls post ur new templates and indicators. good job man !!!!

thank you

from ocm1

PowerTrader:
Waited till very early this morning to trade. I was looking at a short all night for the cable. It was in the top of the channel and at new highs so I was looking for a short. After a small bounce to test the top of the channel, I waited a few candles and took a short at 2.0118 to 2.0035 for 83 pips. Next trade was a standard River trade short of Geppy at 238.23 and took profit at 237.42 for 79 pips. Finally I took a reversal from the first low on Geppy and after first attempt purchased an additional standard lot and took it out at 31 pips. I later took the other out at 21 pips but only counted the first as chart pips. There was some dispute about whether we would reverse to the River and obviously we went to the River and beyond. Great day!

Weekly Total 493 Pips

Changing from .avi to .rm and vice versa is very problematic, you'll have issues with lost frames, audio sync...etc. Nonetheless, try this and see if it works for you. http://www.zamzar.com/

Why do you want to change it from avi anyway? You should be able to open it in media player.

Thanks for the video PowerTrader!

PowerTrader:

Weekly Total 493 Pips

Please, my question:

yellow line - 84sma? how use? price above long / bellow short?

blue channel - LRC ? manual or automatic? from start week? do you daily lrc channel from start month?

or mtf shi channel true period 60?

How use LWMA 50 filter - black line?

Question

frantacech:
Please, my question:

yellow line - 84sma? how use? price above long / bellow short?

blue channel - LRC ? manual or automatic? from start week? do you daily lrc channel from start month?

or mtf shi channel true period 60?

How use LWMA 50 filter - black line?

I think the yellow line is a 200 LWMA but I will put an 84 sma on the chart as well. I use both to determine the current trend. The LRC is drawn at the beginning of each week with friday included. I will leave it for longer if the channel has not been broken, either long or short. I have a channel video on my website( or here: http://www.divshare.com/download/436759-6f3 ) you are welcome to watch. I use it as a guide to the River. It is my humble opinion that when you can contain price, either with trend lines the channel or whatever method, you have a much better chance of finding direction.

PT

Team Speak

Hi PT - will you please tell me where to find the Team Speak Room..

Teamspeak

KJB,

Register at PT's forum at powertradingfx.com and there is a Teamspeak thread with instructions on how to register. It is a free site.

Re Team Speak

Hi Pippage - thanks for the info.

pleasse post indicators and templets cant find envelope indicator in the forum

Reason: