MetaTrader 4 Strategy Tester Crashes

Anyone else having issues where you run tests and while the progress bar is going, the computer just reboots? It's pretty frequent, but it also seems its random, because after the reboot, ill do the same test and it'll run fine.

This is REALLY annoying as it happens every 3-5 tests or so.

Any ideas?? I get no logged error.

Jeff.

Nope, not me.

I have a hunch this this is not to do with MT4 at all but a fault with your computer, something maybe like faulty RAM memory.

I suggest like taking you memory stick out then putting it back in firmly, this may do the trick - otherwise it may be some other hardware problem.

Your computer is probably rebooting because it can not at present handle the processing that occurs during backtesting (backtesting can put a serious strain on computers), so maybe you may also want to increase the RAM memory that you have on your pc.

Good idea. I will test it on other machines then, I wasn't sure if there was a bug in the testing or if it was me.

Thanks for letting me know.

Jeff.

It might also be useful for you to delete the files in the following locations, they are not needed:

C:\Program Files\\tester\history

and

C:\Program Files\\tester\logs

where is your MT4 program folder, eg FXDD - MetaTrader 4, or Interbank FX Trader 4 or Velocity Trader.

Reason: