FF Calendar Indicator for MT - page 5

tonydtrader:

You just apply it to your chart, set your desired options, and it will give you announcement info relating to either currency in the pair on the chart.

Enjoy!

Thanks tonydtrader for putting this up, I really like using this one.

Xard777

tonydtrader:

In order to use it, you need to turn on DLL Imports in your Metatrader platform options, because it calls a DLL to get your timezone, as well as another to read the ForexFactory web page to get news information. (Be aware it will write out .XML files to your expert/files folder).

The indicator has settings so you can filter out (or in) news announcements of High, Medium, or Low impact, as well as those with the word "Speaks" in them. You can have it display the minutes till (and info about) the next announcement, or the next two. And you can adjust the colours of the text.

You just apply it to your chart, set your desired options, and it will give you announcement info relating to either currency in the pair on the chart.

ffcal.mq4

Enjoy!

Moved to correspondent thread.

contributing my humble part.

hey there everyone. i've been using news avoiding feature for several months on my ea forward testing. i am fetching news from FF and switching off + closing all open trades before upcoming news, and switch it back on afterwards. the indicator file i've picked in TSD forum on some other thread, and it's adjustment for my demands was done by a professional coder to whom i pay.

please find attached below:

1. a screen shot of my chart and how does it look switch off/on time.

2. assorted file of all the necessary indicators. for instructions how to distribute those indicators among your MT4 folders i'll be glad to help if someone will show interest.

3. the piece of my ea code that regards to the news fetching, switch ea on and off and drowing on the chart.

problems i've encountered during past months:

1. FF website can fall down. so if the ea fetches news hourly there are some rare cases a news release could be missed. for that reason every D1 open candle the ea fetches the news, not hourly.

2. like i read here before, when my vps restart, so FF websites restart as well. by default its' GMT-5 but my broker is GMT+1. i have a special time differnce option in my ea for that.

i hope this contribution here will improve your work as well, and maybe will give me some ideas as well.

guy_ml:
hey there everyone. i've been using news avoiding feature for several months on my ea forward testing. i am fetching news from FF and switching off + closing all open trades before upcoming news, and switch it back on afterwards. the indicator file i've picked in TSD forum on some other thread, and it's adjustment for my demands was done by a professional coder to whom i pay.

please find attached below:

1. a screen shot of my chart and how does it look switch off/on time.

2. assorted file of all the necessary indicators. for instructions how to distribute those indicators among your MT4 folders i'll be glad to help if someone will show interest.

3. the piece of my ea code that regards to the news fetching, switch ea on and off and drowing on the chart.

problems i've encountered during past months:

1. FF website can fall down. so if the ea fetches news hourly there are some rare cases a news release could be missed. for that reason every D1 open candle the ea fetches the news, not hourly.

2. like i read here before, when my vps restart, so FF websites restart as well. by default its' GMT-5 but my broker is GMT+1. i have a special time differnce option in my ea for that.

i hope this contribution here will improve your work as well, and maybe will give me some ideas as well.

Yes, this can be very handy. What folders do all the files go into?

Thanks

distributing to folders- assorted file

in continue to my last post this is how the assorted file should be distributed among mt4 folders:

GetNews indicator- indicators folder

all the "litle" files (not more than 6k for each one) - to include folder

all the "big" files (more than 10k for each one) - to libraries folder

hope it helps, good luck

guy_ml -

This is excellent, just what I've been hunting through forex-tsd & Forex Factory for. I have an EA that I don't want opening any new trades for 1 hour prior to 30 minutes after major news event for certain currencies, so I'll see if I can adapt this for that.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

67-17454:
guy_ml -

This is excellent, just what I've been hunting through forex-tsd & Forex Factory for. I have an EA that I don't want opening any new trades for 1 hour prior to 30 minutes after major news event for certain currencies, so I'll see if I can adapt this for that.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

hey there. regarding your post: this version of news fetching version fetches ALL the news, and by that i mean: i can trade usdjpy and it will fetch me aud news as well. i have a former version which fetches only relevant news: if you trade usdjpy it will only fetch usd or jpy news. if you are interested you can tell me.

I'm new to forex trading so for now I prefer to avoid trading for an hour or so before and after each news announcement. Is there an EA to close all open trades x number of minutes before any news announcement related to the currencies being traded? I already have the FF Calendar Indicator for MT installed so maybe the EA can interact with that to activate a close all open trades script x number of minutes before the next news announcement. Can anyone help with this or does an EA like this already exist?

global:
I'm new to forex trading so for now I prefer to avoid trading for an hour or so before and after each news announcement. Is there an EA to close all open trades x number of minutes before any news announcement related to the currencies being traded? I already have the FF Calendar Indicator for MT installed so maybe the EA can interact with that to activate a close all open trades script x number of minutes before the next news announcement. Can anyone help with this or does an EA like this already exist?

Maybe a better idea instead of close all orders before announcement will be to analyze the coming news and see if some orders have to be closed.

The reason is if you close regarless the news events, a loosing trade may become a winner with a favorable annoucement. Instead of that you close at loss. Of course there's some risk but you see the idea ...

FerruFx

Thanks FerruFX. I understand your view on that but the broker I'm with now has slow execution during news times and stop-loss or entry orders will NOT be respected during news releases plus I'm using the Perfect Trailing Stop EA that modifies the stop loss as needed. At news times orders may be filled higher than your buy order and you can be stopped out at much lower price below your SL. Their spreads increase during that time so for a beginner I think that it's best to let an EA close all orders before any news announcments. Does such an EA exist?

Reason: