Click

I am sitting here tonight just thinking.

Thinking about this thing we do called trading. Why do we do this. Spend endless hours working on strategies and programming. I, as I believe so do most of you, get certain stages where I just don't know why.

I watched the Adam Sandler movie "Click" the other night and it all came to play again. My family is the reason why I trade. At one stage in my life I had to make a decision on how I am going to make a better life for them.

Trading was the only option I saw, and it is a great option. But somewhere I can also relate to the Adam Sandler character. I spend to much time infront of the screen working and less time with my family. So does this comply with my original idea of why I started trading - NO.

So in this light I am seeing this forum as more than just a forum. We trade for money - that is the bottom line. We are all looking for a quality of life, but at what cost. Is it still worth the effort now - YES

How do I get to this, easy.

I now realise that I need to balance my trading time and my family time. So when I spend time on the forum, I make a effort to give it 100%. My 100% will ensure that another trader obtains a quality of life. His 100% will ensure mine. I think we take for granted how much we learn and teach on Forex-TSD.

I love my family and I love trading.

I want you to just sit for 5 minutes and also think about your reasons and your inspiration. I am not saying that we should all get emotional about trading - but just remind ourselves, motivate ourselves, look back on what has been done and what can still be done.

I know this is very sentimental, but I believe that we all have this in common. So take the 5 minutes an define your peace in this crazy world we call trading.

Here is mine

Files:
photo-0011.jpg  64 kb

thesource:

Thinking about this thing we do called trading. Why do we do this. Spend endless hours working on strategies and programming. I, as I believe so do most of you, get certain stages where I just don't know why.

I watched the Adam Sandler movie "Click" the other night and it all came to play again. My family is the reason why I trade. At one stage in my life I had to make a decision on how I am going to make a better life for them.

Trading was the only option I saw, and it is a great option. But somewhere I can also relate to the Adam Sandler character. I spend to much time infront of the screen working and less time with my family. So does this comply with my original idea of why I started trading - NO.

So in this light I am seeing this forum as more than just a forum. We trade for money - that is the bottom line. We are all looking for a quality of life, but at what cost. Is it still worth the effort now - YES

I now realise that I need to balance my trading time and my family time. So when I spend time on the forum, I make a effort to give it 100%. My 100% will ensure that another trader obtains a quality of life. His 100% will ensure mine. I think we take for granted how much we learn and teach on Forex-TSD.

I want you to just sit for 5 minutes and also think about your reasons and your inspiration. I am not saying that we should all get emotional about trading - but just remind ourselves, motivate ourselves, look back on what has been done and what can still be done.

I know this is very sentimental, but I believe that we all have this in common. So take the 5 minutes an define your peace in this crazy world we call trading.

Here is mine

thesource, AMEN to that. The ticks and pips are so addicting at times that we tend to forget the "reason for doing" trading and to balance our life around or vice-versa. Especially, when you get into this Forum mode, either as an active author or active contributor. Much more, when you start a trading room like I did. Of course, the worst thing about forex is that it is a 24/5 trading activities (though not necessarily opportunities). For this reason, I keep going back to trading emini futures. GBPUSD was so boring today that I concentrated trading YM and ER2; within 2 hours I was done.

I believe that traders, especially the beginners (at times the veterans) go through this stage of pouring everything (time wise) into forex trading, learning and earning as much within a short period of time. But once, a trader finds his "home" system to gain the belief, consistency, and confidence with his trading skills, and the many trading strategies (daytrade, swing, position, and definitely a profitable EA will help), I think that one should settle down and enjoy the fruits of his/her labor.

I personally trade4freedom which encompasses so many facets of our life. I have reach that point and honestly it does not require a lot money, either. Fortunately, I don't have the "baggage" anymore like you do and it is factor in that "freedom" for me.

Well, I would say that part of the trading game or any career for that matter is setting priorities in life and a balanced set of goals. However, implementation is as usual the challenge here, where we need the patience, discipline, and focus to ensure that those priorities are taken cared of which will lead us to achieving those set of goals.

Best Wishes to you. As I always say and sign off with.....

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

thesource:

Here is mine

Awesome! Nice post.

hi

forex trading involving our emotion and takes our time a lot...sometimes we wait a signal for couple hours but they didn't come ...at that time we feel we'd waisting time ...but who knows the price will moving flat for couple hours only GOD knows ...the most important is we did our effort the best we can ....someday I'm sure we can find our system that can make our life better..only time can tell...

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

Reason: