EMA Cross Price[URGENT]

Hi,

i am writing a EA to calculate the cross price for EMA. How can i determine at what price the crossover has taken place???

Basially, how does one track if the 5 EMA has crossed over the 20 EMA...???

1.Ema period=5 with shift of -1

>>> 2.Ema period= 20 (no shift)

Open -Close-Open (reverse position)

Open- Close- New order...could be several orders inside a bar

If Requote, always a YES

What makes your message "urgent"?

Because he can't wait to be rich!

The actual answer to his question is very simple. However, it ticked me off to see the first post by a member marked as urgent.

Was marked urgent as a 6 month Testbench results are to be compared with and posted here.

rajatnaik:
Hi,

i am writing a EA to calculate the cross price for EMA. How can i determine at what price the crossover has taken place???

Basially, how does one track if the 5 EMA has crossed over the 20 EMA...???

1.Ema period=5 with shift of -1

>>> 2.Ema period= 20 (no shift)

Open -Close-Open (reverse position)

Open- Close- New order...could be several orders inside a bar

If Requote, always a YES

For EA so: if price close so ma with 0 is crossing ma with 0. And one bar ago (+1 bar if it is close mode) ma is below or above the other ma with 1 bar as well.

If ma with other mode (not close price mode) so it is 1 and 2.

- (minus) 1 bar is the future.

"Future is not set". We have a thread with this "Future is not set" indicator (based on tartan's indicator for Goldwarrior EA).

There are a lot of EAs developed on this forum concerning MA crossing. As I remember Codersguru developed some EMA crossing EAs - look here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Besides there is thread with 3 EMA crossing EA here.

You may take it from this examples (attached):

1. MA_ExpertProfit.mq4: it is the same EA but it will close the orders in s/l or t/p only.

2. MA_ExpertProfit_all.mq4: it will close the order on s/l or t/p, or on the other crossing signal. This EA should work on particular account only. Just change the line "int Account = 111111;" to your account number inside the code. For example your account is 1235463. So this line should be like this:

int Account = 1235463;

3. MA_ExpertProfit_noacc.mq4: it is the same with item # 2. But without any account and it may work in any account (i mean account in Metatrader).

And check this very good thread as well https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Need help making first Expert Advisor

So im trying to learn mql 4, but i have some problems, and i would like to look off a code so i can learn it that way

This is the rules it should have

If close above EMA 7 (Buy)

If close under EMA 7 (Sell and Sell short)

If close above EMA 7 (Buy to cover and buy)

How can i make that?

Mathias

Honest to god, when I read this I though that the result is going to go straight down. But since it is not (to my surprise - at 15 minute EURUSD) posting the EA that works as you described it (be aware it is not a winner either and the logic of it needs to be worked on more, but the attached EA you can use as a starting point). As the name suggests, it is as simple as it gets and I hope it will help you in further development

regards

Mathias:
So im trying to learn mql 4, but i have some problems, and i would like to look off a code so i can learn it that way

This is the rules it should have

If close above EMA 7 (Buy)

If close under EMA 7 (Sell and Sell short)

If close above EMA 7 (Buy to cover and buy)

How can i make that?
Files:
simple_ea.mq4  3 kb
Reason: