Need help on codes

whats the code if you put one indicator in another indicators window?

like 2 indicators in one window..

example if you merge MA to stoch window?

double EMA = iMA (Symbol (), 1440, 8, MODE_EMA, ???????,0)

or should is use iMAOnArray?

please help

please help? how do you make the code for that?

i am adding MA to CCI window?

can you give me the double code? please

I made a mistake of uploading the wrong indicator a few minutes ago.

The right one is uploaded again.

Antone,

I downloaded the MA indcator from the official Metatrader site and made the change that would display it on a separate window.

You will have to save it in the following folder

C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\indicators.

One you have the CCI indicator displaying drag Moving Average indicator from the Custom Indicators folder of the navigator window to the CCI window. Then when the dialog box appears select the input settings(ma period, shift and type) and then press the OK button.

You can display the MA first and then drag and attach the CCI later.

Also you can make the changes to setting of the each indicator that is on the same window later.

mangman:
Antone,

I downloaded the MA indcator from the official Metatrader site and made the change that would display it on a separate window.

You will have to save it in the following folder

C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\indicators.

One you have the CCI indicator displaying drag Moving Average indicator from the Custom Indicators folder of the navigator window to the CCI window. Then when the dialog box appears select the input settings(ma period, shift and type) and then press the OK button.

You can display the MA first and then drag and attach the CCI later.

Also you can make the changes to setting of the each indicator that is on the same window later.

thank you.. i have done that.. i can do that.. but i am making a program that would give me a signal when it cross..

so i need something like:

double EMA = iMA ( ..........................)

or should i use

double EMA = iMAOnArray (.......)

if iMAOnArray? please help me as i still don't understand it..

can you make me this part? don't know how to specify MA that is is in the same window with the CCI.. so that when there is a cross, i will get the signal..

antone:
thank you.. i have done that.. i can do that.. but i am making a program that would give me a signal when it cross..

so i need something like:

double EMA = iMA ( ..........................)

or should i use

double EMA = iMAOnArray (.......)

if iMAOnArray? please help me as i still don't understand it..

can you make me this part? don't know how to specify MA that is is in the same window with the CCI.. so that when there is a cross, i will get the signal..

Hi. You need to use :-

iMA(NULL,0,Period,0,MAMethod,AppliedPrice,i)

no need for iMAOnArray......

omelette:
Hi. You need to use :-

iMA(NULL,0,Period,0,MAMethod,AppliedPrice,i)

no need for iMAOnArray......

what should be my applied price? cause if i click the MA it is first indicator?

Antone,

I made an indicator.

What you see on the chart when you overlay together is very misleading because the moving average and the CCI are drawn in the exact shape it appear as when they are separate.

CciEmaCross indicator gives signals based on exact cross of the values of the indicators, which gived a lot of false signals.

It is better to overlay the indicators and trade based on the crosses that you observe in that window.

I do not want to post it becuase the signals it give are not good.

mangman:
Antone,

I made an indicator.

What you see on the chart when you overlay together is very misleading because the moving average and the CCI are drawn in the exact shape it appear as when they are separate.

CciEmaCross indicator gives signals based on exact cross of the values of the indicators, which gived a lot of false signals.

It is better to overlay the indicators and trade based on the crosses that you observe in that window.

I do not want to post it becuase the signals it give are not good.

yes it is not good.. but can you still give me how to create the code.. i wanna still wanna learn how to do it.. thanks

antone:
what should be my applied price? cause if i click the MA it is first indicator?

I think I owe you an apology - it just dawned on me what you're trying to do (I think..) You DO need to use iMAOnArray. Apart from defining another display buffer, very little is required. This is the CCI indicator with the iMAOnArray stuck on the end. Is this what you want?

Files:
cci_ma.mq4  4 kb

omelette:
I think I owe you an apology - it just dawned on me what you're trying to do (I think..) You DO need to use iMAOnArray. Apart from defining another display buffer, very little is required. This is the CCI indicator with the iMAOnArray stuck on the end. Is this what you want?

thanks.. but still i don't understand how iMAOnArray works.. i guess i have to study this for awhile.. if it's ok? if you give me a the code..

cause i need to add it to my program.. but it is still complicated.. anyways thanks..

Reason: