Vertical Line - page 3

Need help with 24 hr vertical lines (Period Separator)

Hello,

MT4 draws the 24 hr period separator, but assumes you have the default black background. When I switch to a white background, the lines dont show up and I cant customize the color of the separators either. Also, I cant choose any specific 24 hr time frame.

I found trading session indicators on here, but not anything that only draws two vertical lines 24 hrs apart of my choosing. Would be great if I could find an indicator that draws two lines from let's say midnight est to midnight est or midnight cst to midnight cst etc.

would be great if you use search

digifx12:
Hello, MT4 draws the............ght cst etc.

This may help

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179150

digifx12:
Hello, MT4 draws the 24 hr period separator, but assumes you have the default black background. When I switch to a white background, the lines dont show up

When you change the BACKGROUND color to WHITE, change the FOREGROUND color to black. The lines will show up.

I am attaching an indicator that I have in my files folder.

This indicator marks:

• Each days start.
  • London session start.
  • U.S. session start.
  • London session close.

I did not create this indicator. I did change part of the name, so it would line up with other MARKET TIME indicators.

I did make a few changes.

1. I added text descriptions to the lines.

2. I added settings, so you can edit the line descriptions.

If you want anything else, let me know.

Files:

Manual Horizontal Line with label

Hi,

Anyone knows how to add description/label on the horizontal line I draw on the chart?

I'd like to see the description/label I type is shown right corner above/below the horizontal line I draw..

The current mt4 horizontal line only shows description/label once I hover my mouse over the line.

Please help me out.

Thanks.

adding text is really tough, because you have to draw it in the right place

so I don't recommend you try to write MQ4 that tough

possibly look like this

ObjectCreate("XABC_PBZ", OBJ_TREND, 0, A_dt, A_pt+ABdiv8, Time[0], A_pt+ABdiv8);

ObjectCreate("XABC_PBZ_Label", OBJ_TEXT, 0, Time[0]+Period()*60*align, A_pt+ABdiv8);

ObjectCreate("XABC_PSZ", OBJ_TREND, 0, B_dt, B_pt-ABdiv8, Time[0], B_pt-ABdiv8);

ObjectCreate("XABC_PSZ_Label", OBJ_TEXT, 0, Time[0]+Period()*60*align, B_pt-ABdiv8);

ObjectSetText("XABC_PSZ_Label", "@ "+DoubleToStr(B_pt-ABdiv8, Digits), 11, XABC_font ,XABC_ME_line_colorRES);

ObjectSetText("XABC_PBZ_Label", "@ "+DoubleToStr(A_pt+ABdiv8, Digits), 11, XABC_font ,XABC_ME_line_colorSUPP);

pop_XABC_signals(X_pt, A_pt, A_bar, B_pt, B_bar, C_pt, C_bar, B_pt-ME, A_pt+ME, A_pt+ABdiv8, B_pt-ABdiv8, total_XABC_swing_pt);

ktxtraffic:
Hi,

Anyone knows how to add description/label on the horizontal line I draw on the chart?

I'd like to see the description/label I type is shown right corner above/below the horizontal line I draw..

The current mt4 horizontal line only shows description/label once I hover my mouse over the line.

Please help me out.

Thanks.

Right click the chart, click properties, click common, bottom right tick "show object descriptions"

This indicator doesn't work with the new MT4 build 670.

Can someone adapt it or perhaps suggest a similar indi that shows the start times of the European and US market with vertical line separators.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Money Duck:
When you change the BACKGROUND color to WHITE, change the FOREGROUND color to black. The lines will show up.

I am attaching an indicator that I have in my files folder.

This indicator marks:

• Each days start.
  • London session start.
  • U.S. session start.
  • London session close.

I did not create this indicator. I did change part of the name, so it would line up with other MARKET TIME indicators.

I did make a few changes.

1. I added text descriptions to the lines.

2. I added settings, so you can edit the line descriptions.

If you want anything else, let me know.

TEAMTRADER:
This indicator doesn't work with the new MT4 build 670.

Can someone adapt it or perhaps suggest a similar indi that shows the start times of the European and US market with vertical line separators.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Hi TEAMTRADER,

Try it now.

Have a good WE.

Sincerely

Tomcat98

I should have paid more attention to what it doesn't do - it doesn't show the close vertical of the US session.

All my attempts to change it have failed - can it be adapted to show the US close time via a vertical?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Tomcat98:
Hi TEAMTRADER,

Try it now.

Have a good WE.

Sincerely

Tomcat98
Reason: