CrossedAlertsTrader - page 2

Yes, I like the margin block idea - when I look at the indicator on the M30 timeframe the crosses do not seem to be often and it is big pips when trading manually - however sometimes I have to sit on a trade a while - my original thought was it would open one trade on the cross and the take the profit or close on the next cross in the other direction - but what you are describing is many crosses which I do not seem to be seeing (or understanding) - as you can probably tell I am new to some of this. With the indicator this seems to be successful for me but I don't always see the cross if I am not at the computer - thus hoping an EA could auto trade the cross so I don't miss it.

Hope I am not saying stupid things .... This is a great start - just a little different than what I first thought. Maybe I am not thinking correctly you sound much more versed than I.

Ok. I'll drop in a margin call.

Also, when a person looks at a 30M chart, it is natural to "ignore" the ticks, which occur every few seconds, and think more or less in terms of 30M sampling. There are some few different ways to deal with that, and in this case, maybe the logic could be that the EA, after having discovered a crossing, holds back some 4 bars or so before worrying about another crossing.

I'll also drop in an initial exit logic.

Version 2 uploaded and attached.

As a note: during MetaQuote's competition last year, I experimented a bit with MA crossings, and developed the view that it's too much a "just too late" kind of method to really work for an EA. It may well work for a person, who can include the taste of the lunch doughnut in the decision making, but it's a bit too "crisp" to work out as EA logic. At least not on its own. And unfortunately it seems to me that this EA seems to show a similar behaviour, so I wouldn't put my hopes up.

Either way, from this point I'll hand it over to you and/or whoever else is keen. Thanks for "pushing me" to learn a bit about pending orders.

Thanks Ralph - one last question in the crossings I am talking about the red and blue line crossing each other - not the market crossing the lines - is that what you mean as well???

I think we lost something from the origional indicator - I am seeing different behavior in the EA. Maybe we need to start again and re-work this not sure - Ralph did a great job and I am greatful - I just still have hope because this indicator does very well and as an EA I think it will rock! Anyone have any ideas???

Origional indicator attached

Files:

Could someone please take a stab at this one???

So you are still using the first one that was posted by ralp? Not the seconed Im going to forward test this on a 15 min chart. I like the MA cross it is so simpel.

sdln28:
Sorry I must have confused the pairs - it probably was jpy - I am not using either EA but the indicatior itself (although ralph was very nice to give this a shot) - but was hoping someone could create an EA from the indicator that traded when the blue and red lines cross in a pending order (buystop or sellstop) in the direction of the market. Just one trade on each cross always closing the prior trade (taking the profit) and opening a new trade (pending order) in the new direction. These trades will probably be 1 lot trades - but the lots, stop loss, and trailing stop could all be setable in the EA.

Thanks for testing and looking!!

I just don't have the skills to write it.

I am attaching the indicator again just so there is no confusion.

Must be somthing wrong with your attachment it didnt download likr the eiler post,s

Reason: