Interesting candle SR horizontal line - need your expertise to code - page 3

mqldev:
Maria, Did you review the new version of the indicator?

Hi mqldev,

With your latest inclusion of the current candle open price, it is a very good add-on. Thanks.However, it takes more to treat the open price as the support/resistance. Because depending on the daily range of a currency pair for eg GBP/USD, it is about 130 pips distance between the high and low of a daily candle while the EUR/USD is about 80 pips. So using the open as an entry would have to depend on the candle formation of the day.

Thanks for the newly updated indicator. I like that. It would be good enough for manual trading at the moment.

mqldev:
Maria, Did you review the new version of the indicator?

mqldev:

could you include 2 more lines with and option to set x pips from support and resistance lines or and option to set the S/R x pips above/below?

Hey Linuxuser,

Is this the book by Steve Nison you are talking about? I might considering buying it. Thanks!

Maria,

I have two indicators which, both added to the chart, can give u a clear view. Also backtesting shouldn't be a problem with these.

It is a good approach to make some extra pips on the side. I been trading it long.

Hope they of some use to u.

Files:

maria77:
Hey Linuxuser, Is this the book by Steve Nison you are talking about? I might considering buying it. Thanks!

Hi

http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Candlesticks-Japanese-Charting-Techniques/dp/047100720X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b/105-7885797-9738838

maria77:
Thanks mqldev.

Arrgh.. I was too engrossed in finding more abt this system that I totally forgot to give my view on yr indicator. Personally, I think that is good enough.

However, after taking a look at what can be improved, can you add a horizontal line on current bar open (today's open)? That is, three lines; yesterday's DSRS and today's open. And added to that, if able to switch the style to dotted line would be good. I mean, if possible, I can switch to full or dotted whenever I want.

Overall, I still think your indicator is good enough. If anyone of us able to add more features, we would offer more suggestions here.

Thanks man!

Hi Low - Open Close CANDLES indicator created by cja https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173163/page2

looking for a special Trendline indicator

hi all!

i have been searching for a trendline indicators that draw simple trendlines but there are only a few and they are very limited.

i think we realy need more good trendline indicators.

so i was wondering if any one can help me, i am looking for an indicator that draws a trendline by connecting 2 highs or 2 lows. but i would like to select the bars it will draw the trendline. for example 10 bars will mean it will connect the highs of bar 1 and 10 and the low of bars 1 and 10 even if the bars between are higher of lower. also there must be another variable that is the start bar which can be changed. For example, 0 will be the current bar and 1 will be the last bar. it will use the start bar and then count back 10 bars etc.

i hope you understand and can help me!

thanks in advance

oneprint:
hi all!

i have been searching for a trendline indicators that draw simple trendlines but there are only a few and they are very limited.

i think we realy need more good trendline indicators.

so i was wondering if any one can help me, i am looking for an indicator that draws a trendline by connecting 2 highs or 2 lows. but i would like to select the bars it will draw the trendline. for example 10 bars will mean it will connect the highs of bar 1 and 10 and the low of bars 1 and 10 even if the bars between are higher of lower. also there must be another variable that is the start bar which can be changed. For example, 0 will be the current bar and 1 will be the last bar. it will use the start bar and then count back 10 bars etc.

i hope you understand and can help me!

thanks in advance

Try this one, it does what you need.

Reason: