Ping ... does it make a difference?

I used to be a gamer until I found the best game ... Forex!

When I played games finding the servers with the lowest ping was important for the best reaction times on an FPS like FEAR and often the servers on the US east coast or on another continent would have horrible ping. The servers on the west coast however usually had the best ping.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the ping to and from wherever a forex broker is could have an effect on trade execution?

Should I pick a broker that is as close to my physical location for likely better pings?

It depends on what you are trying to do and who is at the other end.

For example, if you are swing trading the daily chart it won't matter, but if you are trying to trade the news on the 1 microsecond chart (god knows why) then it could matter.

the trade is mere bytes so even on a 56k dial up youd still be alright. you're either connected to the broker or your not. your order has to be processed at the other end and thats where the delay comes from (especialy during news). if your trading on the charts you'd still be fine on a 56k since you only recieve a few bytes of info (open, close, high, low, time, date). i wouldnt worry about it. if your really desperate to know, you could always ping the server. i just did a random server and got 160millisecs.

If you want I can give you my FX.cfg.. Main cmds I use are..

/g_antilag 1

/rates 25000

/cl_packetdup 2

/cl_maxpackets 100

/sv_fps 30

/snaps 40

Gets you that "reg" we all want.

Reason: