Daily range and locking trade? - page 3

Hi Indra and timbobo,

it seems that you both have made a good thing and that was quite unexpectedly

I figure it's a trend following strategy in buying on dips in uptrend and selling on tops in downtrend, isn't it?

It works in all pairs. Thanks alot

All the best

teldon:
Can U please explain the concept behind this system ,Indratime? thanks

Hi teldon, basic for this concept is range price from open candle at daily chart.

Please watch tail from candle/bar at daily. you must see that price always retrace before going to right direction. But sometime its failed. i'm still looking for good indi for this. first i use MACD, but maybe we can use the other indi to find the direction.

thanks for the question

timbobo:
There is no difference between original Indratime's idea and my last modification. That's just how I follow his idea. He used two pending orders, I offered to use virtual pending orders - just two levels in memory of EA. This approach allows us to save one spread as we don't need to wait while both orders executed. That's it.

I ran this Ea for a whole day but no trades were executed.

indratime:
Hi teldon, basic for this concept is range price from open candle at daily chart.

Please watch tail from candle/bar at daily. you must see that price always retrace before going to right direction. But sometime its failed. i'm still looking for good indi for this. first i use MACD, but maybe we can use the other indi to find the direction.

thanks for the question

If I want to do this manually would you take the pain to mention each step at a time.

Place 2 pending orders .

If one is executed then you delete the other or wait for both to get executed.

sorry for not grasping the details yet.

what if 2 stop orders are used insted of limit orders?

teldon:
I ran this Ea for a whole day but no trades were executed.

It can make not more then 1 order per day. And it should be running at Start Hour - default 0 (for my broker it's 6) to set two levels. If you started EA after that time you would need to wait next beginning of day. Try to run it on history to check if it's OK on your computer/MT

Don't take this EA too serious - it's just test for the original idea not the EA for trading on real money.

THX Timbobo

What would be the hour for Alpari?

Is anyone else testing this EA?

teldon:
What would be the hour for Alpari? Is anyone else testing this EA?

I'd like to repeat - this EA is not the real expert, it's just test for Indratime's idea. He got some really good ideas about price movements, about general direction and small steps back before going ahead.

I'd done EA to test his ideas on long history as it's hard to do it manually. These two levels - 10 and 20 points - after midnight were really good.

The system is profitable, but not so profitable as it would deserve real market test. It can stay around 0 or even with some losses too long.

This is similar to the Hedgehog Strategy

This reminds me of the hedgehog ea which could help. It is on this forum as well as others.

www.forex-tsd.com/search.php?searchid=431832

Reason: