Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 70

Bipolar Testing

Today, my bipolar forward testing result got a problem. Finally ...

I use 0.05 lot, maxtrade 5 on 1 hour chart of EurUsd, AudUsd and UsdCad. However, today, UsdCad went down strait 175 pips. Now the trade stop after maxtrade 5 reached. Well, I hope it still be able to go back on track. Otherwise ...

Cheers,

Can't get it to open trades

Hi guys, i can't get the EA to open trades, using default settings from post 3 on 15m TF and no trades in 4 days? How often does the EA trade?

Thanks in advance for the help

Cheers

new suggestion to develop goblin

hi, i 've suggestion to enter new orders after the first :

golbin opens on orders based on logic-indicator, then the others orders after a certain pipstep.

my suggestion is: open oders( after the first) in the next bar and actual price major preceed-high.

" if (L_OpenOrders>1 && .... && "new_bar" && bid>ihigh(0,1) && ...)

{...}

... and the new lotsize is calculated based on new pipstep, i can calculate new lotsize using formula used to calculate the "profit=0 for series":

(price1*lot1+price2*lot2+...+pricen*lotn)

--------------------------------------

(lot1+lot2+...+lotn)

what do you think about it ?

best regards, giapel

wibitiens:
Today, my bipolar forward testing result got a problem. Finally ...

I use 0.05 lot, maxtrade 5 on 1 hour chart of EurUsd, AudUsd and UsdCad. However, today, UsdCad went down strait 175 pips. Now the trade stop after maxtrade 5 reached. Well, I hope it still be able to go back on track. Otherwise ...

Cheers,

$cad is almost to its bottom trend line @ 1.1500. I nailed the reversal at the top.

It should bounce at this point, either giving opportunity to cut losses, or to hit target.

Actually it is drawing up now as it got near the trend line buy orders start kicking in. Since it drew back before it got to trend line, its a good indication of strong support. If the price runs right to trend line, and stays at it for a long time, its probly gonna break. If it runs to it, breaks it, then the next day draws back hard, or dojis the 2nd day and draws back hard the 3rd, thats a false break. If it runs to the trend line, touches it, and draws back like it was a hot flame, its big bounce time.

Those things should the novice trader identify when to let it ride, or to close it out and start fresh.

Dave

Dave,

How is your live test going?

xxDavidxSxx:
$cad is almost to its bottom trend line @ 1.1500. I nailed the reversal at the top.

It should bounce at this point, either giving opportunity to cut losses, or to hit target.

Actually it is drawing up now as it got near the trend line buy orders start kicking in. Since it drew back before it got to trend line, its a good indication of strong support. If the price runs right to trend line, and stays at it for a long time, its probly gonna break. If it runs to it, breaks it, then the next day draws back hard, or dojis the 2nd day and draws back hard the 3rd, thats a false break. If it runs to the trend line, touches it, and draws back like it was a hot flame, its big bounce time.

Those things should the novice trader identify when to let it ride, or to close it out and start fresh.

Dave

Thanks for the explanation Dave. Here, I attach the continuance of my previous chart. After my previous post, $cad got even worse. However, right now it seems to be bouncing up. I am not sure if I can get a chance to cut loss since at the moment the floating is already too high in minus.

By the way, is this drawdown caused by news? From ForexFactory I noticed that

Tue.3/20 7:00am CAD Core CPI m/m High Impact

Cheers,

Files:

I am still running Bipolar Fixed Lot Alassio. After last week I was cut out because I didn't put enough deposit ($2000), now I put $6000 deposit and start fresh. Before yesterday everything is okay. However, yesterday there was FOMC (US Interest Rate) news, and it cause eurusd to shoot up high leaving the EA run in opposite direction. As in the attached chart, now I got "not enough money" again and the floating is getting higher in minus

Well, may be I should put at least $20k to stay safe

Cheers,

Perky:
ive been using this new toy

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176470

most of the credit goes to fxsniper I only changed one or 2 lines of code

if the line crosses down through 80 its a sell up thru 20 a buy

no crosses from extremes assumes flat market - just an assumption

basically it was just an experiment in bipolar I can post it if you like

but who needs another hybrid lol

Perky,

It's really a nice indicator.

I am curious to know how you did set the parameters so I would appreciate another hybrid if you posted it.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

wibitiens:
I am still running Bipolar Fixed Lot Alassio. After last week I was cut out because I didn't put enough deposit ($2000), now I put $6000 deposit and start fresh. Before yesterday everything is okay. However, yesterday there was FOMC (US Interest Rate) news, and it cause eurusd to shoot up high leaving the EA run in opposite direction. As in the attached chart, now I got "not enough money" again and the floating is getting higher in minus

Well, may be I should put at least $20k to stay safe

Cheers,

mate, you should not switch on the EA during NF and FOMC, its too risky. Right now what i am doing is switch on the EA during Asian and europe market. Everyday i will just check the equity before US market open, if the equity is up then i will close all positions no matter profit or loss. I will switch on the EA the next day during Asian market again. If the equity is not making then i will continue to switch on the EA until it turns up the equity, Just my opinion.

yan7181:
mate, you should not switch on the EA during NF and FOMC, its too risky. Right now what i am doing is switch on the EA during Asian and europe market. Everyday i will just check the equity before US market open, if the equity is up then i will close all positions no matter profit or loss. I will switch on the EA the next day during Asian market again. If the equity is not making then i will continue to switch on the EA until it turns up the equity, Just my opinion.

Thanks for the opinion mate. Yeah, actually I just figured out that major news should be considered too. From now on, I will check the news instead of running the EA all the time. However, I still got original goblin running and it still survive (using 0.1 lot on 2000 deposit). I think it's just lucky

Cheers,

Reason: