Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 28

Food for thought

I have moved this to the correct thread, Sorry

Jim

Bluto, and readers....

I want to tell everyone now, that when the EA contest for 2007 starts up I am going to enter Bipoler.

I am saying this now just incase anyone had the same idea.

Any body have any objections?

As Goblin is bluto's puppy and the "bipoler" methodoligy is my puppy, I'll split any winnings with Bluto.

Bluto...can you take out the sma trend filters. they are causing alot of unessary CPU usage when backtesting. Even when set not to use them, they still appear on the chart when I stop the test. I don't think there needed at all really.

It is taking 2 days to run a 6 month back test.

This does what it's supposed to I think

This should do a good job of not letting your equity drawdown become too deep.

I do not use take-profits on this version.

The order closure stuff I originally intended to work, now works.

xxDavidxSxx:
Bluto, and readers....

I want to tell everyone now, that when the EA contest for 2007 starts up I am going to enter Bipoler.

I am saying this now just incase anyone had the same idea.

Any body have any objections?

As Goblin is bluto's puppy and the "bipoler" methodoligy is my puppy, I'll split any winnings with Bluto.

Bluto...can you take out the sma trend filters. they are causing alot of unessary CPU usage when backtesting. Even when set not to use them, they still appear on the chart when I stop the test. I don't think there needed at all really.

It is taking 2 days to run a 6 month back test.

I really wish you wouldn't do that, David. That's not the direction I wish for any of the Goblin hybrids to go. While it's true that your concept of the dual mode trading is in there, there's a lot more under the hood than just that feature and I consider the EA to be an intellectual property I'd like to control the destiny of. I hope you'll understand.

Knowing that this was probably going to be the outcome of sharing ideas in a public venue, I believe this is going to be the end of my involvement here with any further Goblin related activities.

Hi bluto,

You are one terrific automatic trading developer, my hat is off to you.

I hope you won't become too frustrated with the way things are regarding intellectual property once it is posted on the Internet, especially on a forum where anyone can become a member.

No doubt you already have seen that anyone and everyone can grab your EA and do what they wish with it. People outside of your home country may not respect the copyright rights you wish to guard.

I have been through some tough times in this area myself, and have come to the realization that I can't really protect my stuff.

Once you post an EA on a public forum, it opens the door for others to use it as they seem please. With minor modifications, they can claim it is their own and bypass the copyrights. The worse is when the bottom feeders sell these EAs to unsuspecting people who are trying their best to find a system that works. That is what I really hate. On the other hand, guys like David are honest and they have posted their intentions.

All credit goes to Bluto for his tireless work in developing this system. Wish him and all the members a Very Happy New Year and great piping

autofx:
Hi bluto,

You are one terrific automatic trading developer, my hat is off to you.

I hope you won't become too frustrated with the way things are regarding intellectual property once it is posted on the Internet, especially on a forum where anyone can become a member.

No doubt you already have seen that anyone and everyone can grab your EA and do what they wish with it. People outside of your home country may not respect the copyright rights you wish to guard.

I have been through some tough times in this area myself, and have come to the realization that I can't really protect my stuff.

Thanks for the kind words, autofx. I have no sour grapes about any of this. I was really hoping that this could become an EA to help guys put a few bucks in their pockets, nothing else. Cheers!

Maji:
Once you post an EA on a public forum, it opens the door for others to use it as they seem please. With minor modifications, they can claim it is their own and bypass the copyrights. The worse is when the bottom feeders sell these EAs to unsuspecting people who are trying their best to find a system that works. That is what I really hate. On the other hand, guys like David are honest and they have posted their intentions. All credit goes to Bluto for his tireless work in developing this system. Wish him and all the members a Very Happy New Year and great piping

You are absolutely right, Maji. However, perhaps a better protocol for dealing with something like this would be to solicit the blessings of the original author offline rather than to state what one's intentions are publicly. The unfortunate thing is that BiPolar is far from mature and there were some significant mods on deck to really bulletproof the probability of long term success. Anyway, 'nuff said.

bluto:
I really wish you wouldn't do that, David. That's not the direction I wish for any of the Goblin hybrids to go. While it's true that your concept of the dual mode trading is in there, there's a lot more under the hood than just that feature and I consider the EA to be an intellectual property I'd like to control the destiny of. I hope you'll understand. Knowing that this was probably going to be the outcome of sharing ideas in a public venue, I believe this is going to be the end of my involvement here with any further Goblin related activities.

I don't understand your logic here.

not the direction you want it to go? The direction of being a winner? The direction of being the best? The direction of making money?

You lost controle of the destiney when you started posting in public. There are other hybrids, both posted and not posted.

I do not see goblin being that unique. It is a ripoff of the martingale, 10 points 3 terminater, prediter EA's. Same style of trading. Just some different indicaters used for signal.

I am currently running terminater and bipoler on the same settings and the results are with in 50$ of eachother.

But I guess forex EA's arn't about making money, or winning contest money, or being the best.

I guess I got it all wrong.

Its all about trading demo's and drooling over back tests and dreaming.

xxDavidxSxx:
I don't understand your logic here.

not the direction you want it to go? The direction of being a winner? The direction of being the best? The direction of making money?

You lost controle of the destiney when you started posting in public. There are other hybrids, both posted and not posted.

I do not see goblin being that unique. It is a ripoff of the martingale, 10 points 3 terminater, prediter EA's. Same style of trading. Just some different indicaters used for signal.

I am currently running terminater and bipoler on the same settings and the results are with in 50$ of eachother.

But I guess forex EA's arn't about making money, or winning contest money, or being the best.

I guess I got it all wrong.

Its all about trading demo's and drooling over back tests and dreaming.

One phrase comes to mind here..."Last nail in the coffin."

Reason: