EA_based Trailing Stop - page 12

Can this Trailing Stop EA be fixed please?

Error message: "Error setting Buy trailing stop: 4109"

Thanks in advance!

trailing_stop.mq4

Files:

Gfuchs:
Can this Trailing Stop EA be fixed please?

Error message: "Error setting Buy trailing stop: 4109"

Thanks in advance!

trailing_stop.mq4

Gfuchs

Error 4109 means "trading not allowed"

Make sure that auto trading button is pressed and and that allow live trading in the EAs properties is checked and test it then

mladen:
Gfuchs

Make sure that auto trading button is pressed and and that allow live trading in the EAs properties is checked and test it then

Thank you Mladen, you were right. The live trading in the EAs properties was not checked. I do not know why it was unchecked, maybe because of this new build.

mladen:
Gfuchs

Hi Mladen, Error: 4109 is fixed but now I get Error: 130

I have googled: "...that means that the SL or TP levels are set to close to the current market price..."

I tried to enter all sorts of numbers for the Trailing Stop but still get the same error.

Is it because I set the SL to 0 or because I use it on Ger30 with its calculation in points?

Gfuchs:
Hi Mladen, Error: 4109 is fixed but now I get Error: 130

I have googled: "...that means that the SL or TP levels are set to close to the current market price..."

I tried to enter all sorts of numbers for the Trailing Stop but still get the same error.

Is it because I set the SL to 0 or because I use it on Ger30 with its calculation in points?

Gfuchs

Usually the minimal stop loss distance is about 10 pips. Try using some values like that

This is a result of the test of that EA on a demo and it worked OK. It have set the initial stop loss to 30 pips and we shall see how will it perform when it gets into a trailing stop loss zone

Files:
trailing.gif  97 kb

Hi, can we please have Trailing-Step added to this EA?

Thanks in advance!

trailing_stop.mq4

Files:

Gfuchs:
Hi, can we please have Trailing-Step added to this EA?

Thanks in advance!

trailing_stop.mq4

Gfuchs

Can you please elaborate a bit more detailed what would a "trailing step" be exactly?

mladen:
Gfuchs

Usually the minimal stop loss distance is about 10 pips. Try using some values like that

This is a result of the test of that EA on a demo and it worked OK. It have set the initial stop loss to 30 pips and we shall see how will it perform when it gets into a trailing stop loss zone

Generally, this 130 error occurs when the trailing stop is being updated to move it to its new position above the last trailing stop. At the same time, the price has retraced towards the moving stop so that the new moving stop is less than the 10 pips necessary to set it thus generating a 130 error. The solution is to either ignore the error and let the price close to the current stop and be stopped out or close the order immediately after receipt of the error.

mladen:
Gfuchs Can you please elaborate a bit more detailed what would a "trailing step" be exactly?

Hi Mladen,

I place a Trailing Stop at 5 Pips. When 5 Pips in profit the Trailing Stop initiates but then I would like the price to go back only 2 Pips before it closes the trade.

Gfuchs:
Hi Mladen, I place a Trailing Stop at 5 Pips. When 5 Pips in profit the Trailing Stop initiates but then I would like the price to go back only 2 Pips before it closes the trade.

Hi Mladen, is it possible?

Reason: