GMG - profitable system need EA - page 2

alpin:
Hi! I've been trading with your system (live) on GBPUSD TF15 with great result. But I'm not waiting for CCI to changed it's color because if I do so then it's already too late. I just using the cool cross with the super trend and take 10 pips (it's enough for me). Maybe you want to consider changing the CCI with something else like FX Snipers Ergodic CCI ?

Hi,

I use CCI as a filter. FX Snipers Ergodic CCI is more as another signal confirmation.

fxnewbie:
Hi Atlist !!

I noticed that even in choppy market Cool2 can be profitable if you play with ema cross 5 min.

Still testing, but i think that way we can take about 10 pips per cross average with a better win ratio (15 min chart). Maybe adding a 5 min Ema to your setup we can make your sistem even more profitable. What do you think about?

Hi fxnewbie,

You are right. Ema 5min is given the signals earlier, but also I can see a lot of fake signals and I asume the profit wont be much more...could be less.

Atlist

Now we are talking about filters and discretionary elements. EAs can't discriminate.

Maji:
Now we are talking about filters and discretionary elements. EAs can't discriminate.

Hi Maji,

I'm not a programmer so is it possible to create EA with the parameters from my first post?

alpin:
I just ignore it, because if I wait for it I'm already too late by then. For filtering the false signal I rather use hedge. So if the cool already cross the super trend and then it's changing direction (when our open position still loss) to the other way and cross it again then I open another trade but I'm double it. Any sugestion?

I had tried using CCI as a confirmation to enter a trade, but I also found that its too late if I depend upon it. I personally do not use CCI since I never had luck with it, but it can be used as way of entering/exiting a trade, but not for early entry. You may need to wait +/-50 line to enter, but like you said, it will be too late.

I use CCI with CCI_Period=50 to confirm the trend and reduce the noise of the market, not to enter trade.

Enter signal comes from Cool when cross Supertrend confirmed by CCI.

atlist:
Hi Maji, I'm not a programmer so is it possible to create EA with the parameters from my first post?

yes, it is.

atlist:
I use CCI with CCI_Period=50 to confirm the trend and reduce the noise of the market, not to enter trade. Enter signal comes from Cool when cross Supertrend confirmed by CCI.

Hi! I have a question if the cool and supertrend already cross up but the CCI is still at selling zone would you open a trade? B'coz CCI is lagging alot. When the CCI is confirm most of the time the price is already heading to the other direction.

alpin:
Hi! I have a question if the cool and supertrend already cross up but the CCI is still at selling zone would you open a trade? B'coz CCI is lagging alot. When the CCI is confirm most of the time the price is already heading to the other direction.

No. I do not open a trade. We can not win all pips and I prefer to stay safe.

I'm testing another indicator instead of CCI and I'll post it as soon as I have some good results.

Here it is. much better than CCI.

Files:
Reason: