Live Testing reports - page 66

AZBO is in the Arizona 's desert dancing with his family in law and drinking Margaritas...

(now happy hours are not 2 for 1... but 4 for 1 !!!! )

He will be back soon...

There are a few ways to handle "bad trades" in Phoenix 6.

#1 Is the time expiration system. I'm going to test this today and make sure it works really well. The idea is that if the trade doesn't profit in 4 hours, or 8, or 24 hours, then we're really just hanging on for the next big movement to kill us or help us. After a certain period of time, our initial signal has no merit. I think that is fairly true of all systems, but more scary when we have a large SL:TP ratio.

#2 RecrossMax: only allowing the price to cross our open position so many bars before it closes out. This basically means we're caught in a channel and we're waiting on a breakout to exit our trade. I'd rather exit at break even, walk away without a scratch and trade the next reversal.

So we have systems in place for: not fighting a trend, escaping a bad channel, taking a profit on a ranging market, taking a profit on a trending market, increasing lotsize if we expect a S&R line to assist the countertrend, taking least loss (or some profit) if our signal fails us, and systems for taking the most profit out of each winning trade we can (delayed, tight, super expanding trailing stops.)

Now we just need to make sure it works as intended, and then works for profit.

New optimization files I'm working on (and testing code against) for Phoenix 6 are going to be TP=SL. I think that will make for "tighter predictions" in general because it won't allow the system to enter really early and then wait.

New features

daraknor:
There are a few ways to handle "bad trades" in Phoenix 6.

#1 Is the time expiration system. I'm going to test this today and make sure it works really well. The idea is that if the trade doesn't profit in 4 hours, or 8, or 24 hours, then we're really just hanging on for the next big movement to kill us or help us. After a certain period of time, our initial signal has no merit. I think that is fairly true of all systems, but more scary when we have a large SL:TP ratio.

#2 RecrossMax: only allowing the price to cross our open position so many bars before it closes out. This basically means we're caught in a channel and we're waiting on a breakout to exit our trade. I'd rather exit at break even, walk away without a scratch and trade the next reversal.

So we have systems in place for: not fighting a trend, escaping a bad channel, taking a profit on a ranging market, taking a profit on a trending market, increasing lotsize if we expect a S&R line to assist the countertrend, taking least loss (or some profit) if our signal fails us, and systems for taking the most profit out of each winning trade we can (delayed, tight, super expanding trailing stops.)

Now we just need to make sure it works as intended, and then works for profit.

New optimization files I'm working on (and testing code against) for Phoenix 6 are going to be TP=SL. I think that will make for "tighter predictions" in general because it won't allow the system to enter really early and then wait.

These new features are very interesting. I have bean trading live with 5.7.0 with positive results but I sometime close trades that were looking bad or random. In my opinion, after more or less 12 hours and with some ups and downs, the signal is not as clear. I did close some trades which would eventually TP but I did close more trades that would eventually touch SL.

I am sure these new features will improve the results, reduce DD and prevent human interventions. Overall, we will have more peace of mind !

Very good work !

Bertbin, I am not posting my results at the moment as they are not relevant because of my interactions. I can say that the results are positive ! I will post P6 results as soon as we can trade it !

Report H1 Wujun Settings

Last weeks.

#1 Timeframe: H1

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: optimization

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.7.2a

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

#7 Cur : USDJPY, GBPUSD NO, USDCHF,EURUSD,EURJPY,GBPJPY

This week is bad for my setting.

2 months, fxdd DEMO, full auto, v5.7.1 mode 1 cable only:

Net profit 1170.95 Initial deposit 5000.00

Gross profit 2436.00 Interest earned -5.05

Gross loss 1260.00 Commission paid 0.00

Total number of trades 25 Percentage profitable 80.0%

Total number of pips 420 Average pips per trade 16

Number of winning trades 20 Number of losing trades 5

Average winning trade 121.80 Average losing trade 252.00

Average winning pips 42 Average losing pips 84

Return ( 58 days) 23.4% Maximum drawdown 4.7%

great results!

Nice reporting style! Can you also get the duration of each trade? Trade duration is something I'm taking more of an interest in I guess an Excel macro would work well to calculate them as well.

Phoenix 6 is ready for code testing and optimization. It could also use documentation

i used the following program to get the report

Files:
mtreport4.zip  363 kb

And we got a... bad start !

closed -263, on the fire -172

It's normal, especially guys going on live account, to shut good or bad trades... Protect his account is a normal way... As I remember in a post Hendrick was saying that he was doing the same thing...

Question : after that closing, did Phoenix open another trade(s) ? And was (were) it winning or loosing ? Against the market's logic or in "in phase" ?

WUJUN 看你的名字和英语就知道你肯定是中国人,我说的没错吧? 你觉得这个PHOENIX自动交易系统好吗? Glad to know u

feeder2000:
WUJUN 看你的名字和英语就知道你肯定是中国人,我说的没错吧? 你觉得这个PHOENIX自动交易系统好吗? Glad to know u

I sent you a private message. 给你发了个私人信息.

Reason: