Tester in MT4 Build 200 - page 2

HerbertH:
Same EA, same settings, same period, same whatever... I leave it up to you to decide which is garbage and which seems perfect to me

Which one is build 200?

ra300z:
Which one is build 200?

Well, that's the strange part of this story:

The result1.gif was taken last weekend still running build 198

I did some backtesting this morning while still running build 198 and it was already as shown in result2.gif

I then upgraded to build 200 and the result remained like result2.gif

I tried deleting history data and then reimporting history data as I usualy did before (using the Alpari HST file) but the result remains the same.

HerbertH:
Well, that's the strange part of this story:

The result1.gif was taken last weekend still running build 198

I did some backtesting this morning while still running build 198 and it was already as shown in result2.gif

I then upgraded to build 200 and the result remained like result2.gif

I tried deleting history data and then reimporting history data as I usualy did before (using the Alpari HST file) but the result remains the same.

Well, if you are saying that last week the picture looked one way, but today it looked differently using the same build of the MT I really doubt it has smth to do with the terminal. It's either broker or you (changed some settings, did smth wrong). Because well, if the program worked one way last week and you did not upgrade/messed it up it cant possibly change THAT radically. So again, I think its either smth to do with the broker (maybe smth on their side) or you (settings/incorrect actions that led to a f* up).

All the best,

Diam0nd.

I LOVE

Disregard this post, my error in timeframe.

I deleted my history in build 200. And tried to redownload it. I"m not sure if the download works but the data appears in History Center.

So I re-run the same test. Cable on 2005/01/03 thru 2006/09/30. Every tick. 90%. Again, build 200. Where'd all my bars go? But the ticks modelled still stayed at about 3.9 million.

Bars in test 2252

Ticks modelled 3938958

Modelling quality 90.00%

Initial deposit 100000.00

Total net profit 12608.00

Gross profit 27286.00

Gross loss -14678.00

Profit factor 1.86

Expected payoff 323.28

Absolute drawdown 0.00

Maximal drawdown 9475.00 (7.79%)

Relative drawdown 7.79% (9475.00)

Total trades 39

Short positions (won %) 16 (68.75%)

Long positions (won %) 23 (73.91%)

Profit trades (% of total) 28 (71.79%)

Loss trades (% of total) 11 (28.21%)

Largest

profit trade 2378.00

loss trade -3371.00

Average

profit trade 974.50

loss trade -1334.36

Maximum

consecutive wins (profit in money) 18 (19145.00)

consecutive losses (loss in money) 4 (-7105.00)

Maximal

consecutive profit (count of wins) 19145.00 (18)

consecutive loss (count of losses) -7105.00 (4)

Average

consecutive wins 4

consecutive losses 2

Linuxser:
Diam0nd:

Sorry to ask/post here about some other things. But, seems like you´re an expert about MT.

Can you explain something about the changes/modifications/new stuff in the last version/s.

I mean, "1. Removed Multilanguage Pack, the distributive size decreased to 3 MByte;" it´s pretty understandable. But, "2. Added feature to manage bookmarks of charts bar;" is out from my limited knowledge.

MTQ does a good job but they only publish the changes without a few explanation.

Thanks in advance.

I visited Russian version of Metaquotes website and it is written in Russian language:

"2. The possibility to manage the bookmarks of the charts using mouse was added"

It is written "bookmarks" exactly.

I don't know ...

Linuxser:
Diam0nd:

Sorry to ask/post here about some other things. But, seems like you´re an expert about MT.

Can you explain something about the changes/modifications/new stuff in the last version/s.

I mean, "1. Removed Multilanguage Pack, the distributive size decreased to 3 MByte;" it´s pretty understandable. But, "2. Added feature to manage bookmarks of charts bar;" is out from my limited knowledge.

MTQ does a good job but they only publish the changes without a few explanation.

Thanks in advance.

Here's an answer:

2. Added feature to manage bookmarks of charts bar;

Now, this means that you can move around your charts. It is done here, of course:

Thus, you can move EURUSD to the first place. Or move around any other tab (or a bookmark). Look now:

How it is done: just drag any of the tabs and move then drop them to another place.

It is a long-awaited feature by the way, makes working in MT a lot comfortable

Cheers,

Diam0nd.

P.S. MetaQuotes > *

I LOVE

I really appreciate your explanation.

I find the new feature usefully.

Linuxser:
I really appreciate your explanation. I find the new feature usefully.

My pleasure really

I LOVE

Reason: