Period Converter script

Is anyone else having problems with the period_converter script? I run it, but it runs infintely and consumes 100% CPU.

I've been stopping it after 30 minutes and running the next interval I want to convert. All the data looks populated. But when I run my tester with Every tick and Recalculate, I don't get 90%. About 87-89%. Though my concern is more about why period_converter never ends.

ra300z:
Is anyone else having problems with the period_converter script? I run it, but it runs infintely and consumes 100% CPU. I've been stopping it after 30 minutes and running the next interval I want to convert. All the data looks populated. But when I run my tester with Every tick and Recalculate, I don't get 90%. About 87-89%. Though my concern is more about why period_converter never ends.

Hi ra300z, try this one https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7673

Ok, I didn't run the previous link.

But here's a good way to ensure the period_converter script is done. Open up your history folder within the Metatrader programs folder. In there, sort the list (using detailed view) by date changed with the most recent at the top. Now run your period_converter script. Switch over to your Explorer view of the history folder. You should see a new file created with the pair and period. Keep pressing F5 until the file size of the file stops increasing. All done! Now run the next period and so forth.

Updating to build 199 (see announcements thread) gives a history autodownload feature and automatic period conversion.

I am on build 200 and the period converter still eats CPU.

With only 2 charts open ( I want 10 mins) the CPU is at about 90%

With only Met 4 open

Is there a way to fix it ?

Mart

Does MT4 have any plans to permit user defined time periods or tick charts? Anyone heard anything about this?

There is a modified version of the time convertor on the mql4 website. Do a search there and you can find it out. This version is more resource friendly.

mart-hart:
I am on build 200 and the period converter still eats CPU.

With only 2 charts open ( I want 10 mins) the CPU is at about 90%

With only Met 4 open

Is there a way to fix it ?

Mart

Hi mart-hart, have you try my link above? it's period_converter_opt. Use it as an indicator. Hope this help

Thanks peeps that works great.

10 min charts are looking good for 50/14/woodies CCI.

Mart

I modified the original script to convert 1min data into all of the regular timeframe. When it finished, it remove itself from the chart, so it wont run forever. Hope this help

Files:

Sweet, thanks Eli

Reason: