How to protect an EA

Hi,

I've a great EA, I want to sell it but I know that ex4 files can be decompiled(I've seen it infront of me), how can I protect my EA,

I think the guys who created the mql language can also easily decompile any mq4 file since they themselves created the compiler,

any solution ?

best way to do this is, don't hand it out.

c++!

mike_cole:
Hi,

I've a great EA, I want to sell it but I know that ex4 files can be decompiled(I've seen it infront of me), how can I protect my EA,

I think the guys who created the mql language can also easily decompile any mq4 file since they themselves created the compiler,

any solution ?

Best solution is: to write it (or the most of it) in c++ and call the dll from MQL4!

how to protect an EA

mike_cole:
Hi,

any solution ?

I use the DLL method, but the problem that the DLL file can also be avoided, so on my search I found an interesting software at ForexCIO that offers a strong protection for the EX4 file type.

I have tested one protected file by that software, and YES can not be decompiled, so we have some good hope.

If you want alternative way then you could write your own code inside an external DLL file and hope no one will avoid the protection.

arto:
I use the DLL method, but the problem that the DLL file can also be avoided, so on my search I found an interesting software at ForexCIO that offers a strong protection for the EX4 file type.

I have tested one protected file by that software, and YES can not be decompiled, so we have some good hope.

If you want alternative way then you could write your own code inside an external DLL file and hope no one will avoid the protection.

if you own a copy of the software can you please post a code that can not be decompiled

This will be interesting filed as programmers can post demos of thier work with expiry dates for trial

I have written a DLL that validates the user against a web-based database. I also move some core logic from the EA to the C++ dll. This should give adequate protection and is relatively inexpensive to implement.

When you copy that protected ex4 in metatrader folder (you can download a sample encrypted ex4 from there, just in case I post it here too) metatrader automaticaly deletes it all the time (you have no chance at all to run it - which is by the way the point which everybody seems to forget : EX4 IS NOT EXE). You can try it out. So, it seems like one more "false alarm"

PS: just saw that updated site : 1999$ and 8999$ :):):) Enough to scam a couple of people and it is enough

4XAB.COM:
if you own a copy of the software can you please post a code that can not be decompiled This will be interesting filed as programmers can post demos of thier work with expiry dates for trial

Best to pay a lot less and know what you are getting, I'd say.

To clarify - with the dll method you MUST move important functions into the dll. Without those functions, the EA would be disabled. That way, they decompile the code, the EA still won't function.

I checked that "protection" software - it doesn't work...

The explanation of how they create the protection is pure fallacy - the *only* thing that they do is patch a byte in the header of the .ex4 file which fools some decompilers into believing the .ex4 is "broken", but it doesn't fool all of them!

Anyone buying that system is just wasting their money.

Reason: