Trailing Order EA Anybody?

Hi All - Relatively new to the Forex game but I've had my eye on it for a while and decided to take the plunge recently. I found this and a few other forums and have been reading avidly.

I've been trading a demo account with varying degrees of success and am slowly but surely developing a strategy that suits both my temperament and bankroll .

That said I had an idea for an EA and I'm sure it's not a new one so I've looked around and found a few similar and tried to tweak them but with zero success so I'm turning to you guys.

Basically it's a manually triggered EA (kind of a semi-EA) that will execute an order and also set up a trailing stop order that will follow the price and modify it every X number of seconds/minutes (not sure what the FXDD rules are about changing an order and how many times you an do it. Any information would be appreciated on this too.)

Here's the pseudo code...

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| expert start function |

int start()

{

//----

int OrderClosed = 0;

//PCODE

//EA will sit idle until the user triggers it (not sure how)

//User is offered two choices to click 'BUY' or 'SELL' (at the current price)

//Order is placed and then a trailing stop order

//OrderToTrail variable is assigned the OrderTicket

//Continuous loop so the stop order will move until it's closed

while(OrderClosed) == 0{

TrailingStop(OrderToTrail)

}

//Once closed the EA goes back to being idle

//----

return(0);

}

Does anybody have such an EA or could point me in the right direction?

Thanks and looking forward to being an active member of this forum.

Cheers

Lux

Have you tried this one?

Files:

And this one is handy too.

Thanks for that.

I actually ended up getting the 'TrailingStopTrend' EA by Scorpion (which looks pretty good by the way) and using the function in that. Basically it's a stripped back Trailing Stop EA. I'll be testing it when the market opens.

Lux

Reason: