XP Moving Average! - page 50

Please can someone change this indi to separate window

i've tried, but can only get it to display a straight line in the separate box

not sure why?

thanks very much

Files:
xpma_v11.mq4  13 kb

many thanks mladen

xpma v9 - don't know if it's just me but it seems very heavy on computer resources. Also does the indi give an alert when arrow appears on the chart when it changes colour. Looking into the indi it doesn't seem as though it does unless it's hard coded in there somehow.

handy148:
xpma v9 - don't know if it's just me but it seems very heavy on computer resources. Also does the indi give an alert when arrow appears on the chart when it changes colour. Looking into the indi it doesn't seem as though it does unless it's hard coded in there somehow.

handy148

I can not find the "xpma v9" indicator at this thread.

What is the exact indicator that you are using?

here it is.

Files:
xpma.mq4  17 kb

handy148:
here it is.

At my PC all seems OK

The problem may be if you try to use MA_Type > 5 - then you need additional indicators in the indicators folder. These are the additional indicators you need to have there :
- type 6 -> T3Ma

- type 7 -> JMA

- type 8 -> HMA

- type 9 -> DECEMA_v1

- type 10 -> SATL

If you do not have it and you chose that type, it will work very, very slow and in the end nothing will be shown

Hi Mladen or anyone elese,

Is it possible to add a breakeven setting to the EA and also specify the amount of pips to lock, In addition to trailing stoploss.

So for example, I set breakeven @ 17 pips & Lock 1pip profit (breakeven) and also to keep trailing SL of 50 pips.

xpma_ea_15_09_2011.zip

Thanks,

Nick

Files:

Hello Codersguru,

first of all I would like to wish you a happy new year 2014.

I am currently testing your xpMA v11. On the first look the EA and it's

indicator look very promising, but it doesn't open a trade after the signal has changed.

Could you please give me an advice how to implement to open a long / short trade after

the signal change has taken place? Ideally after one closed candle bar, because

the indicator seems to repaint.

Thank you in advance!

xpma.mq4

xpmaea.mq4

Files:
xpma-ea-v11.jpg  105 kb
xpma.mq4  13 kb
xpmaea.mq4  18 kb

tfi_markets:
Hello Codersguru,

first of all I would like to wish you a happy new year 2014.

I am currently testing your xpMA v11. On the first look the EA and it's

indicator look very promising, but it doesn't open a trade after the signal has changed.

Could you please give me an advice how to implement to open a long / short trade after

the signal change has taken place? Ideally after one closed candle bar, because

the indicator seems to repaint.

Thank you in advance!

xpma.mq4

xpmaea.mq4

tfi_markets

You can simplify it : simply check for the changing slope of the ma values (the direction of the slope)

Hi Mladen,

thank you very much for your idea. I had a look in the code of the EA.

As far as I understand, the xpMA indicator which is included via "iCustom"

either return a "1" or "-1" signal which triggers the BUY or SELL condition in the EA.

double signal = iCustom(NULL,0,"xpMA",MA_Period,MA_Type,MA_Applied,T3MA_VolumeFactor,JMA_Phase,Step_Period,BarsCount,

Alert_On,Arrows_On,Email_On,3,0);

bool BuyCondition = false , SellCondition = false , CloseBuyCondition = false , CloseSellCondition = false;

if (signal==1)

BuyCondition = true;

if (signal==-1)

SellCondition = true;

if (BuyCondition)

CloseSellCondition = true;

if (SellCondition)

CloseBuyCondition = true;

if(UseMoneyManagement)

Lots=NormalizeDouble(AccountFreeMargin()*MaximumRisk/1000.0,1);

if(TradeExist(MagicNumber)==false)

{

int ticket;

if(BuyCondition) //<-- BUY condition

{

if(NewBar(0))

ticket = OpenOrder(true,OP_BUY,0,Lots,Slippage,StopLoss,TakeProfit,MagicNumber,WindowExpertName(),5,500);

}

if(SellCondition) //<-- SELL condition

{

if(NewBar(1))

ticket = OpenOrder(true,OP_SELL,0,Lots,Slippage,StopLoss,TakeProfit,MagicNumber,WindowExpertName(),5,500);

}

}

But for some reason it is not opening a single trade in MT4. I am not an expert as I am new into MQL4 coding. Debugging seems to be relatively difficult as I am not able to set "break points" in the MQL4 editor, so I am not able to see whether the indicator really delivers the signal after its colour / trend has changed.

Could you probably help me with your expertise?

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards,

T.

Reason: