FM strategy

This "FM strategy" is the strategy that I'm using right now (just a little over two weeks). I am not the one that put together this strategy, so I don't have any credits, but I will like to know if I can improve it somehow.

These are the instructions:

Timeframe: from 30 min to all.

• Tehnical Indicators:
  • Price Channel
  • Price Channel Stop
  • Heiken Ashi candles (you can find them on any MT but they have different colors)
  • Trigger Lines Alert
  • The strategy looks like this:

Instructions:

• Price Channel + HA candles will show the entry point.
  • Price Channel Stop – use it for setting a Stop Loss and continuously adapting your SL
  • Trigger Lines Alert – use it as a filter

Currencies:

Eur/usd

Gpb/usd

Usd/jpy

Usd/chf

Gpb/jpy

Eur/aud

Xau/usd (gold)

Signals:

At the beginning, I used the combination Price channel + Price Channel Stop. Similar with Brain Trading System. While searching for a sistem that will give an earlier signal I added HA candles.

Long signals – when descending red HA candles touch the channel made by Price Channel and then change color in blue.

SL set at the value indicated by Price Channel (the thin blue line from the bottom).

Short signal when ascending HA candles (blue) touch the channel made by Price Channel and then change color in red.

SL set at the value indicated by Price Channel (the thin blue line from the bottom).

The signals are more accurate if the timeframe is larger (4H or more).

For the choppy market periods, to eliminate the false signals we will use Trigger Lines Alert. When TLA changes his color from blue to red it means that, the market is rising and when the changed colors are red to blue it means that the market is slowing down.

The best way to use TLA as a filter is to take only the signals that correspond to a high value for the TLA when going short and a lower value when going long.

If the price goes in the expected direction do not forget to adapt your SL to the values indicated by Price Channel Stop (the cyan or magenta dots)

How to use:

Extract the archive and you’ll find 5 files: 4 indicators, that have the .mq4 extension and a template called FM template.tpl

Metatrader should be close.

Indicators goes in Program Files/Metatrader/experts/indicators.

Template go in Metatrader/templates

Start Metatrader and open a chart. Right click, select Template and select FM template.

The author of this strategy is Fata Morgana (see on wikipedia what this user name means)

I am using this strategy only for trading EUR/USD on Daily timeframe.

Files:
fm.zip  6 kb

very interesting system!

good job , where can i read more on this system?

Thanks, unfortunately this is all there is. If you're interested I have some posts on my blog with my trades (there are only two trades for now; that's because I'm using daily timeframe and it takes longer for a transaction to complete).

i'm checking it on the 4h gbpusd!

i check the history manually with the system ans saw that we need to use bigger SL , but if you catch the train the system will reward you.

I use the price channel stop points from H1 to change my SL during each trade. So far it was ok.

However, I haven't done any backtesting...

I like it! It is easy enough to undertand and looks to be very profitable. One of the best, simple, clean charted systems i've seen lately. Thank you for sharing (even though its not yours, you brought it to our attention ) I definately want to give this a go and see what happens!

this is identical to brain trading!

guys, this system is the same like brain trading?

Nope, it's not the same but it is "like" brain system. The author of this strategy had been using BTS before making this system, and from there the resemblance.

The thing that I liked about this system was exactly that it was simple enough. I tried BTS some time ago but it didn’t fit me. Donno why exactly.

By the way, this is how this system looks on my MT. (chart2_1)

Does anyone know what I have to do in order to change the color of HA candles from blue to green? I tried to edit the colors but after each restart, it switches back to blue.

Apart from this chart, I have another one on which I have some trend lines, Fibonacci retracements and Andrew’s Pitchfork. (chart2)

Files:
chart2.gif  31 kb
chart2_1.gif  33 kb

You can see the results I had so far with this strategy in the image attached below.

Details or explanations regarding each trade can be found in my blog.

Files:
clipboard02.jpg  64 kb
Reason: