Fxcruiser's version of THE ULTIMATE TRADING MACHINE! - page 3

mikejody:
I understand this thead is supposed to be humorous, but as a newbie I really do like the clear, unencumbered charts with 1 indicator and timeframe. Is there a system really like this, or do they all have to have 17 indicators, 4 alarms, and 13 discretionary nuance measuring devices?

Seriously, since I'm just starting this thread, is there a simple system available like this (OTHER THAN NETPICKS UTM of course!).

Thank you.

Mike

Mike that all depends on you. Some traders are extremely successful with very very simple trading strategies. It all depends on your mindset. The traders who overly complicate things and keep on changing their strategies are the ones that almost always lose everything.

A strategy with 5 indicators maybe simple for one person and difficult for another. The best thing to do is to take a couple of strategies from here and use them, find out what you like and what suits your personality. Then you'll find yourself start customizing with various indicators. But it's really important to feel comfortable with what you're doing.

As I have been trading for a while and read up about other traders I find that the better traders are the ones that trade via discretionary gut feelings. Now that takes a lot of time and experience. Don't rush this, it won't work if you rush it.

Imagine, a person has to do 4 years of university before they get a Bachelors degree, and even then you don't expect to get a high paying job after. It's difficult to find a job even after spending 4 years working hard.

Trading is the same, you're going to have to work hard for a great many years before reaping the rewards. This isn't a money tree.

Reason: